Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Ron B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 4
New to this aspect

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
A couple of my friends bought the Vapor BNF and will be coming for a visit in May. I've found a place to fly and now must make the leap into something small enough to fly in a gym. I could get a Vapor or Ember also but like to be different. Besides a larger indoor gives me the option of modifying/repairing.
What's the general consensus on these less the one ounce flyers? Can you damage them and how long do they last?
MAAC # 77858
Ever since I learned to fly better, I've had a lot less radio problems!
Flybaby is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Thumbs up Re: New to this aspect

I got my Vapor for Xmas and its great. It is a slow flyer that you can get to loop and if carful, fly inverted.
The Ember flys faster but seems to break more - duh.

We do "Carrier landings" on a folding table. The Vapor is a blast in a gym and with a few pals, you can do pylon racing figure-8 style around broomsticks in highway cones. We love it.

There is a lame you-tube vid about combat where they don't do combat, just fly with streamers.

Buy it, scouts honor, you'll love it too.
Marc Gendron - President of the Quinapoxet Model Flyers Club, AMA Club #1019 Massachusetts

Last edited by Canamflyer; 03-21-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Canamflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-6G
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 6
Re: New to this aspect

Waited 10 months for summer....would rather be outside soakin up lost sunshine.
Airframe looked pretty flimsy to me even for a gym IMO
cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: -1

hey im new to this as well i bought a cessna 210 centurion the other day because my old man brought me to a local flyers group here in st.john's i was amazed so i said i had to have one too afriad to bring it out side before we go to the clubb again i want to see how this thing goes i started into xmods and then got my nitro pede got like over 200 in parts in it and i got 200$ more to come in a few weeks for it pumped but hey yeh id like to get to fly this soon
born420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5

I have a Vapor and I love it, I use the 110 Lipo out of a MCX heli and get 15 minute flights.
Yes it looks fragile but 'fat' hands brake it more then flying, crashing does not hurt it, it is so light. For gym, I also use parkzone Citabria, excellent indoor plane also, but any foamy or slow flier will do. On dead calm nights you can fly these in front of your house on the lawn.

ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.