Holy Crap Check Out This MAAC Insurance Bombshell - Page 11 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #101
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: Holy Crap Check Out This MAAC Insurance Bombshell

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Getting back from looking at Kopter's postings (all 8 o fthem as of tonight) and I can come to only one conclusion: midget wanna-be troll!

If he's been totally truthful, his experience in this hobby and MAAC is probably less than a gallon (purchased helicopter off of eBay and have run some tankfuls through it, enough to start to learn to hover and fly nose-in). Also, no mention of his MAAC number.

Yes, that does seem to make him the expert on this association and its reasons for existance, even in the face of members whose membership numbers go back to the low-twenty-thousands and less AND who have been involved with the association at various levels.

As one person has already pointed out: MAAC's insurance is there for the entire membership year, is a single reference point and can be easily verified by examining the current year's membership card.

However, there is nothing illegal about flying anywhere other than at a MAAC-registered file/location or at a MAAC-registered event; and you've been lucky enough to actually get your own insurance coverage. Of course, you may have to contend with by-law enforcement and other officialdom.

Nothing has ever been said to that effect. The only impact is that the insurance company has now specified the range of locations that will be covered by their insurance policy.

Yes, this does put a crimp in some of our activities but most of the crimps now mean that we have to do some more legwork and preparation.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #102
I am: Bob S
Radio of choice:
Eclipse 7 (con. to 2.4 GHZ)
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Re: Holy Crap Check Out This MAAC Insurance Bombshell

Originally Posted by Kopter View Post
Let me see-we at MAAC won't cover you under many conditions the but likely your homeowners insurence may. So basically a MAAC specialized polocy for modelers sucks compared to what you might already have at home. Not so special is it? Since many have this at home the risk to a MAAC insurance carrier is lowered. Each club pays thousands of dollars to MAAC plus the feild fee. Now we have to jump through a bunch of hoops for the honor of handing out money for a service we ain't getting. Are we so dumb we are still lining up at the door?

Get out to the MAAC meetings and tell them we want broad insurance without all the little weasle like loopholes the insurance company can use to not pay. Tell them quit wasting money on ---- you don't get any advantage from and have some balls to buy us only what we want. Why sould we pay for some fat cats FIA trip or soem stupid scale event for guys with a fat wallet and several 5 thousand dollar plains. Do mostly fatcats attend maac meetins?

I think MAAC should be torn down to the ground and rebuilt by impartial basic budget minded RC modelers.

Everyone is afraid to insult the fatcats and pro MAAC administraters. Soem modelers make 20k a year maybe less and fly with 300 dollar outlay, often buy used equipment so $2000 golf membership plus clubs is out of the question. Some rich cats try to compare and thinks complaining is dumb. Yea well I'm just a dumb poor old sole with a small buget.

I wonder how much money the insurance company makes from us and where the savings from such a poor policy are redirected (surely they wouldn't pay top dollar for a crap polocy)Did they make large claim settlemants?

The spelling error's are a little to obvious. Someone with bad grammer would not use the word "outlay" and other word's in his text. I also find it strange that the guy has descent punctuation, but can't spell He just wants to pull everyone's chain. I don't think this is someone who is banned from the sight, but someone who is active and love's to stir the pot

Last edited by R.Sonnel; 03-28-2009 at 06:26 AM.
R.Sonnel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.