Any one deal with Easy Tiger Models? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #21

Total Props: 57
Re: Any one deal with Easy Tiger Models?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuebner View Post
HUH Could you please explain... Is it just me, I didn't understand a word of that, or do I have to read between the lines!!

cheers
Curt
The Captain can be hard to understand sometimes, but I can say this...not only is he about as nice a fellow as you can meet, but he is also a really superb modeller, and his projects are neat and different, you should see his helicopter landing pad. Really outrageous.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #22
robonline
RCC Contributor

I am: rob z

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger View Post
but I still think the USPS is sucking hard...does that make me anti-American?
No. That makes you normal. It's a known fact that people in N America are genetically predisposed to complain about their postal service

I like to travel and have long ago stopped sending post cards from most places because of the number that are "still in transit". We really have it pretty good.
Incidentally, what's China like now? I was there since 1983. Stayed in Chinese run hotels and ate in places for locals. Slept with a few insects and I think I ate a few too. Not much available for western tourists then. It must be very interesting to see the RC factories. I would love to go back.
Rob.

Last edited by robonline; 03-27-2009 at 08:59 PM.
robonline is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW_Crash View Post
Gents,

I believe Curtis Mattikow's rant, easytiger, against Wayne22 should tell everyone EVERYTHING they need to know about EasyTiger. If you wish to learn more, He has some unbelieveable rants under the thread JJJ JetJoe Junior thread on RC_freedom. There is well a well documented case of one of his 'transactions' under the thread Easy Tiger Models on RC_Groups. It has documentary posts that clearly in Curtis' own words and in government documents show what he's all about. And, if that is not enough reading for you to understand, read RC_Goofs thread on RC_Freedom. Again, he demostrates who he is. These threads speak for themselves. Remember the old adage "BUYER BEWARE".

DW_Crash
Feel free, anyone, to read my fine rant, and if it turns you off, feel free not to buy from me, or talk to me, that's fine. Not everybody likes Martha Stewart, John Wayne, or gazpacho, all are an acquired taste.
Dave Kachorowski, aka DW Crash, well...I could post what he just wrote to me via PM, and, well...it would tell everyone "EVERYTHING they need to know about DW_crash." But it would have to be censored, as it opens up with foul language. As an aside, no, I did not get your email, Dave, I blocked you a long, long time ago, due to all the Unibomber Manifestos you kept sending me.
I won't post your latest Zodiac Killer Note Private Message, but if you do ONE more post here, I will. I don't think you would like people to see your other side. This gets really old, Dave, it's boring already.

Buuuuuuuut....back to models.
Right now, I am testing out some new secret birds...some foam EDFs that are pretty exciting, different subjects nobody has done before. A 95" Feisler Storch, with a full lighting kit...and more. 82" Dauntless should be ready soon. A big 72" EDF twin, can't say what yet...some pretty exciting stuff...

Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #24

Cool Re: Any one deal with Easy Tiger Models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakityyak View Post
"Here's a nice tea-towel I knit myself, along with a basket of pumpkin muffins I baked for you,"

LMAO

I'm pretty sure you just sold me on one of your planes!

Andrew.
You know what the secret ingredient in those muffins is? The salt of my tears of regret and sorrow! Wayne 22...for all the horrible things I have ever done to you, whatever they may have been, I AM SO SORRY! With such a long, long list of negative things, like you say, it's pretty hard to remember what I did to whom, so forgive me if I don't remember exactly, specfically, what it was I did to YOU...was it YOU whose kidney I stole and sold to a Taiwanese billionaire? Maybe that was someone else. Was it YOU who I framed for a series of liquor-store robberies I pulled off in Chicago in 1979? You would probably be getting paroled around now, if that clerk survived the gunshot, and I'm not sure if he pulled through or what, I skipped town as soon as an arrest was made...maybe that was some other guy I did that to, I can't remember. Oh, wait...are YOU the guy I left behind in Kinshasha when the Congolese Liberation Front took over? Sorry, chum, the plane had only two seats...room for me, and the diamonds. I know we had a deal, but things happen, and it's so hard to divide uncut diamonds evenly anyway. Never figured you would come back to tell anyone the tale. Or maybe it was another guy I did that to.
Anyway, maybe you can refresh my memory about which of the long list of negative acheivements it was I did on YOU, Wayne, that merits your constant posts against me...
Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
robonline
RCC Contributor

You have me in tears. It's been awhile since I experienced the art of sarcasm so deftly practiced . Just superb.
Rob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger View Post
You know what the secret ingredient in those muffins is? The salt of my tears of regret and sorrow! Wayne 22...for all the horrible things I have ever done to you, whatever they may have been, I AM SO SORRY! With such a long, long list of negative things, like you say, it's pretty hard to remember what I did to whom, so forgive me if I don't remember exactly, specfically, what it was I did to YOU...was it YOU whose kidney I stole and sold to a Taiwanese billionaire? Maybe that was someone else. Was it YOU who I framed for a series of liquor-store robberies I pulled off in Chicago in 1979? You would probably be getting paroled around now, if that clerk survived the gunshot, and I'm not sure if he pulled through or what, I skipped town as soon as an arrest was made...maybe that was some other guy I did that to, I can't remember. Oh, wait...are YOU the guy I left behind in Kinshasha when the Congolese Liberation Front took over? Sorry, chum, the plane had only two seats...room for me, and the diamonds. I know we had a deal, but things happen, and it's so hard to divide uncut diamonds evenly anyway. Never figured you would come back to tell anyone the tale. Or maybe it was another guy I did that to.
Anyway, maybe you can refresh my memory about which of the long list of negative acheivements it was I did on YOU, Wayne, that merits your constant posts against me...
Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by robonline View Post
No. That makes you normal. It's a known fact that people in N America are genetically predisposed to complain about their postal service

I like to travel and have long ago stopped sending post cards from most places because of the number that are "still in transit". We really have it pretty good.
Incidentally, what's China like now? I was there since 1983. Stayed in Chinese run hotels and ate in places for locals. Slept with a few insects and I think I ate a few too. Not much available for western tourists then. It must be very interesting to see the RC factories. I would love to go back.
Rob.
Sorry, I was so busy yakking and cracking myself up with my posts, I missed yours. Then I went outside and replaced the thermostat gasket on a 1967 Bentley(not mine, unfortunately, but mine to play with for a while!)...cut my own gasket, Andrew Coholic would be proud! Worked out fine, but I'd better wait till the morning when the gasket sealant dries before I count my chickens...
China is absolutely fascinating...all the latest machinery, and entire cities of 11 million people devoted to light manufacturing. We have a Starbucks on every corner, they have a CNC shop on every corner. It's pretty incredible.
There are huge cultural differences you need to be sensitive to if you want to be successful there...they are non-confrontational, you can't bulldog your way into getting what you want, it's staggeringly ineffective.
The model airplane factories, at least all those I have seen, are hardly sweatshops filled with little old ladies. And some of it is VERY surprising...like most fiberglass jets...they are really being built by hand, by very skilled craftsmen. Lots of wet-sanding by hand, lots of careful work with airbrushes, lots of old school craftsmanship and sweat.
The factories I use, they have to treat their people well, and the places are clean and bright. Maybe you can do sweatshoppy stuff if you are making bicycle seats or fifty cent Barbie plastic necklaces, but my stuff requires skilled labor, and if you want to retain that labor, you need to treat them decently, or they will leave for the Chinese New Year, back to their home towns, and when the New Year Ends, they will go work somewhere else, instead of coming back to YOUR factory, and then you have a real problem.

I did eat caterpillars, they are fine, they really DO taste like chicken. Have not eaten dog, but I have been in a resturaunt where they did serve dog, there were a couple of fairly tasty-looking Chows in a cage out front of the resturaunt, but I think they were already spoken for, my friend did the ordering, I was expecting one of those dogs to be removed from the cage to the kitchen, but we had a nice bowl of steaming frogs instead.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #27
robonline
RCC Contributor

I had dog in Guilin. It's called fragrant meat and it was good. Those animals are raised for food, they are not just mutts off of the street. There is a Chinese saying I try to follow when I travel; people are made of food so to know the people you must know the food. Where ever I go I try, as much as possible, to eat as the locals do. I must admit it was a stretch eating shrimp powder flavoured rice gruel for breakfast after a night of good Chinese beer, but I was much younger then and don't (can't) party so hard any more. Most folks in China where very nice, warm and interesting to talk with. They always tried to make me feel welcome.
I hope you have a good trip and bring us back some interesting RC stuff. If you need someone to help you carry them back let me know
Will you be at the N.E.A.T. Fair this Sept.?
Rob.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #28
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Melnick View Post
As somebody relatively new to this hobby it distresses me that there is such discord within a group who is in the sport for the sheer joy and challenge of it.

If I had the money right now I would order a model from ET just to see what he's like to deal with.

Andrew's endorsement is good enough for me.
John,
I have been speaking to Curtis since maybe 1999 about models. I know he can be (as Jim stated) opinionated, sarcastic etc but that doesnt bias my opinion RE dealing with him.

I have bought some stuff from him in the past, and have had no issues. I would trust him, thats all I can offer - my opinion. I may not agree with everything he writes about on various forums, but I can say that about a LOT of people here, and everwhere. Doesnt mean you are a crook.

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by robonline View Post
I had dog in Guilin. It's called fragrant meat and it was good. Those animals are raised for food, they are not just mutts off of the street. There is a Chinese saying I try to follow when I travel; people are made of food so to know the people you must know the food. Where ever I go I try, as much as possible, to eat as the locals do. I must admit it was a stretch eating shrimp powder flavoured rice gruel for breakfast after a night of good Chinese beer, but I was much younger then and don't (can't) party so hard any more. Most folks in China where very nice, warm and interesting to talk with. They always tried to make me feel welcome.
I hope you have a good trip and bring us back some interesting RC stuff. If you need someone to help you carry them back let me know
Will you be at the N.E.A.T. Fair this Sept.?
Rob.
Must have been very interesting, back then! Nowadays, well, there is not a communist in sight, they are raging capitolists, for sure...
Right now I'm eyeing my neighbor's basset hound, hmmm...he looks pretty good...

NEAT Fair, most likely, yes, but I have to see if it conflicts with E-jets, where we will certainly be. Maybe Joe Nall, it's a work in progress. It's a lot of money and TIME to go to these events as a vendor, I need to be selective...NEAT, though, is local to us(only a couple of hours from our warehouse), so it's very easy, but Ejets is very important to me. As I see it, it will be one of the most important events in the world this year, and it's personally very interesting to me, and it's incredibly well-run...
Old 03-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #30

Wink Re: Any one deal with Easy Tiger Models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post
John,
I have been speaking to Curtis since maybe 1999 about models. I know he can be (as Jim stated) opinionated, sarcastic etc but that doesnt bias my opinion RE dealing with him.

I have bought some stuff from him in the past, and have had no issues. I would trust him, thats all I can offer - my opinion. I may not agree with everything he writes about on various forums, but I can say that about a LOT of people here, and everwhere. Doesnt mean you are a crook.

AJC
Say, AJ...who is that tasty-lookin' feller in your avatar?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in