Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
I am: Bob S
Radio of choice:
Eclipse 7 (con. to 2.4 GHZ)
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Hanger 9 FS one Flight Sim

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I would like to know if anyone has this flight sim, and what do they think of it.

R.Sonnel is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jim C
Radio of choice:

Re: Hanger 9 FS one Flight Sim

I have had mine for over a year. After numerous tech support phone calls and updates not to mention having to re instal it several times. It now resides on the CD rack. The program would freeze. 9 times out of 10 I would have to re-calibrate the model upon starting a new session. My computer at the time was new and exceeded the minimum requirements of the program. And i did use my own transmitter. I have heard others that have had no issues. When it did work, I enjoyed it.
By the way, i was impressed with the tech support guru's.
zuiderdam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15

I have had mine for a couple of years now and even got the upgrade for it. I have had great luck with mine other than issues I had when I first got it. they where self inflickted. Thought I had all that was required but didn't. After I put in (second )video card (first was a dud)installed more memory and reinstalled the program I haven't looked back. I bought the H9 over others as I have The Twist and The Funtana 90 which are both on this sim. It has helped improve my flying especially when it comes to just getting stick time. I have never used any of the other sims out there other than a few of the ones you see floating around for free,this makes it hard to say if this is better or worse for graphics etc than say the G3,G4.
To a tree, balsa wood and MonoKote taste just like chicken!

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

I originally went to the LHS for the Real Flight 3.5 a year ago.

On display he had a FSOne sim loaded on a computer to try it out. When I asked him for the Real Flight sim he said "Oh the FSOne is better" Not knowing the differences I went along with it.

It works ok. The 450 size Heli is not realistic. Flying the 50 size is closer to the 450 in feel and realism. The planes all seem ok. But the sim itself is not as good as the Real Flight line of sims.

With Real Flight you have a number of expansion packs that have almost every type of RC plane and Heli available. The graphics are better, the feel is more real to life.

This year I walk in to the LHS and the FSOne sim is long gone, and would you believe it. He now has a Real Flight sim loaded on the computer for trials.

I had to ask, What happened to the FSOne sim you had last year. He says "Oh no the Real Flight sim is better"

Something to keep in mind though. Last year the FSOne sim was 199.99. This year the price for the sim dropped to 99.99. And during the same time, only one update releases of FSOne has been made, But Real Flight has gone to complete overhauls 4.0 and 4.5 since then.

For 99.00 FSOne is ok. But there are better more realistic sims available. Is FSOne worth it? Sure. You still learn “muscle memory” with this sim. And learning the sticks is what its all about.
Mecos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Kevin King
Radio of choice:
JR 28x
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 40

I have flown FSone about 30 hours and realflight about 500 hours. I find that when both were installed i played realflight 9 times outta 10. Sure it costs more but FSONE has limited features compared to realflight plus with addons and knifeedge forums there are 1000's of planes to try!!!!

The other point though is that a SIM isd a SIM and no matter what the physics are like or what planes you have. stick time is stick time and it will make you a better flyer.
Kevin King MAAC - 76804
JR Americas - Team Pilot AMR-RC - Designer/ Team Pilot
-----Youtube Channel-----www.j3kphoto.com

Last edited by YoungestPiperCub; 03-29-2009 at 08:10 AM.
YoungestPiperCub is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 8

I have the old RealFlight G2 on my system as well as FS One. I like the RealFlight better, but I don't like that the newer versions are not backward compatable to the old flight packs, nor do they offer special discount deals if you want to upgrade to a newer version. The only special I have seen is if you buy version 4.0 they will upgrade you to 4.5.

RealFlight does not have the Stryker F27-C as far as I know, however, the FS One does have it, although you have to search through the extended plane list to find it.

In the future I will be upgrading to the new RealFlight but will be keeping the FS One as well unless RealFlight comes out with a realistic flying Stryker.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Wayne MIller; 03-29-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Typo
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
I am: Bob S
Radio of choice:
Eclipse 7 (con. to 2.4 GHZ)
# of RCs: 6

Thanks alot for the Imput. I will be purchasing the Realflight from Great Planes.
R.Sonnel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Ray S.

Total Props: 4
Smile Re: Hanger 9 FS one Flight Sim

I have FS1 and find it significantly more realistic than G4.5 in high alpha/stall region ie.3D flight. It simulates slow stalls and tip stalls very well. Try to recover the H9 Corsair from a spin, the real one was not spinnable period. In G4.5 its way too easy to hover the big planes. Don't fly enough heli to comment on helis.

I find the FS1 Program interface aweful and its buggy but the physics realism makes up for the program shortfalls. Its the best sim I have flown in that respect.

G4 is more of a video game , but a better overall package if you want entertainment, support and addons.

Tough choice.

Raysun is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Rob B

Total Props: 4

Interesting discussion. I have FS1 & found it useful getting back into flying after several decades away. However, I find it annoying that almost as soon as you take off you cannot see the horizon which surely is 90% of how you orient yourself in real flying. Do any of you FS1 experts know how to use/set up any of the "views" to improve that? Is Real Flight any better in that regard?

rbwater is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #10
RCC Apprentice
I am: denis l
Radio of choice:
jr 9303
# of RCs: 7

i have both. 1st install was realflight. No problems worth mentioning.Then i received a free FS1 with the purchase of a f22 raptor. i updated to an appropriate vidoe card.The darn program works a while,,,then freezes....sometimes (when crashing a plane ) it blows the pc right out....it's been nothing but trouble for me, so it's going to be removed completely & i'm sticking with realflight.Sorry, but that's the way it is.
Set The Example..Fly Safe..Have Fun.

HOMEFLYR is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.