E-Flite BAE Hawk - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Buffy

Total Props: 15
E-Flite BAE Hawk

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I recently met a fellow RC'er at Hobby Hobby to sell a plane and had to buy some small items that I needed. On the shelf was this BAE Hawk and I swear it was calling me over. We had a small conversation and it was decided that I would adopt this plane...lol and give it a good home. My Mrs. didn't blink twice when she saw my new charge so I was able to give it a good spot to rest in my hobby room.
The kit is top qaulity and went together very fast ( 4 evenings). I'm using HS65HB's on aerlerons and nose wheel steering. HS65MG on elevator. AR6200 for Rx and a 25c 4s 2500 battery. HET 6904 fan/2W-20 motor. Tsunami72 ESC. Haven't weighed it yet.
Power #'s: 797watts peak, 750 watts average
56Amps peak, 53 amps average

I currently have larger tires on it for short grass operation. The origanals are too small for grass, best for paved surface. No idea on test flight. Our field is too wet to access right now. If all goes well, I'll have it at Wingham this June. I'm waiting for some pilots to arrive for a final weight and balance.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE_Hawk 001.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	49817   Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE_Hawk 002.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	49818   Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE_Hawk 003.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	49819   Click image for larger version

Name:	BAE_Hawk 004.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	49820  

buffythesaint is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: E-Flite BAE Hawk

a very nice model! Im sure you'll be very happy with it. Ive had the composite version from Sapac and its just a pleasure to fly. I guess thats why they use them a Trainers.

Happy Flying

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: E-Flite BAE Hawk

I've flown one, it was a really nice model, you'll enjoy this. No real surprises, except it lands fairly fast and long, glides a long way with the power down. The one I flew, though, was a bit nose-heavy, it would slow down a bit more with the CG a bit back.
I'll say this, though...it's a very nice airplane.
Be aware, though, that the Hawk is a trainer, but a different kind of trainer...it is made to be challenging to fly, in order to prepare pilots for heavy metal, like F-18s or Eurofighters or whatever, so it is meant to fly like a real jet, not really a trainer. The idea is that if you are going to kill yourself, you will do it in a three million dollar aircraft rather than a thirty million dollar one, and that you can rack up the hours while burning only one quarter of the fuel of the big boys...so, be aware, it's a very different kind of "trainer", and all Hawk models I have flown, and it has been a few, need to be flown like a proper jet. This one is pretty heavily loaded and small, don't get behind the energy curve...
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.