Quebec position/ IMAC - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Quebec position/ IMAC

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
All my regards to the members of IMAC Bod and all my pilot friends from the United States and Ontario.

I received a message from our president, Don Hamilton, concerning the RFA and also what the Canadian pilots have done. There is also the discussion in RC Canada and the IMAC forum about certain rules that some Canadians would like to have changed and that they also doubt of our affiliation with the United States. I feel an obligation as many others, to intervene because I have as many friends in the United States that I have in Canada.

For those who donít know me, ten years ago I made the application to the president of IMAC so that the province of Quebec could be included in the North East region. I have always tried my best to promote IMAC in my province and I know for you IMAC isnít just a hobby, but itís a passion. Knowing all this, I couldnít remain silent when I saw the way the discussions of the last days were leading.

First of all, I want to be more specific and tell you Iím not talking on behalf of all Canada but only the province of Quebec North East. Yesterday I phoned the five CD for the competitions in our province to have their opinions and to inform them of the discussions that were taking place. Here are the names of the five CD for 2009:

- Richard Biron, Montmagny

- Richard Lemire, Asbestos

- Guillaume Tťoli, Amidair

- Isabelle Deslauriers Ė Brossard

- Denis Dionne, Ste-Julie

To summarize, my conversation with our members, itís quite clear and without any hesitation, that itís very important for us to continue our association with IMAC. In Quebec we have always had good relations with our neighbour Americans. Pilots from Maine and Vermont have visited us during the summer time for five years now. Weíre very proud to be part of the IMAC family and to mix with Canadian and American pilots. We feel that itís important for us to keep on having competitions in Ontario, everywhere in the United States and also to use the IMACís procedures. Like I said before, this is perfectly clear to all of us and itís not negotiable. All thirty three pilots who take part in either one or the other competitions that were held in Quebec in 2008 are very appreciative of the tools that are given by IMAC year after year for either the sequences, the scoring programs, the rules and the unknowns... Do you really think that $3.00 per pilot at each competition is too much, when we look at all we receive from IMAC ? I donít think so.

For all these reasons I just couldnít remain silent even if a few people donít want to be part of the IMAC family anymore. Here in Quebec, we consider ourselves very lucky to be part of IMAC because of all the possibilities you have given us these last ten years and to be part of the North East region. We want to continue the good relationship we have had with all of you at IMAC and we also want to continue to promote IMAC so it can grow.

Thank you for you attention in this matter and hoping to see you again next summer.

Steve Dionne
IMAC 2726
stevedionne is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.