Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Re: Club Incorporation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Sun Parlor in Windsor was incorporated in 1972... and was handled by a lawyer back then.
Here is the guidelines and how-to's for you...
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Originally Posted by plowboy View Post
Our club in Sarnia is talking about dissolution from incorporation due to the cost of an auditor to file our income tax report at a cost of $650.00. The illustrious Gov. in their wisdom and Greed has deemed it nececary for our club to file an INCOME TAX report even though we are a non profit club, and our bank account and membership has , as most other clubs in the last while, gone down. Out of the frienship of one of our members, our taxes for the last few years was done by an accountant at no cast, but advised us that from now on it would be in the $500 to $600 dollar range. As you can see, we are weighing the sides to see which way we will go...............It will be interesting .......... Al
Sounds as though someone did something wrong since the Aurora club (when I was a member of the executive) has never had to file more than the basic documents with the government (balance sheet, income statement, and board of dirctors.) Your club should go to the govermnent department that says that you have to do this and get an actual ruling on the whys and wherefores.

When I was a consultant, I still didn't have to do much more. HOWEVER, where I had problems with was dissolving the corporation when I went back to being a lowly grunt instead of a grunt-for-hire. Took me the better part of ten years to finally get the provincial and federal departments to agree that there was nothing more to be filed to either level and the province finally gave me permission to apply for a dissolution.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Bill F
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 0

In Nova Scotia, a group of five can apply to become "incorporated" under the Societies Act and once the paperwork is approved a "Certificate of Incorporation" is issued for the fee of approx $37.50
All required paperwork can be found online at the Province's website.

retiredVTT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #14
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2

We are in Ontario.

Our secretary did it all himself at low cost and little work according to him.

Make sure you always have 5 executive names on record.

We had our VP resign and sent in a letter to reflect this.

A few weeks later an official looking envelope arrived stating that we had 30 days to submit another VP name or face the loss of our incorporation.

A mad scrammble ensued to find another VP. Fortunetely a member stepped forward to fill the position.
SpaceCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #15
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

I just did some checking on the benefits of incorporation. The real benefits seems (at least for Ontario) to be that the club can act as a person -- enter into legal contracts, purchase property, etc. wihtout having to involve all the members of the club in the transaction.

The only other advantage is that the members are no longer responsible for the debts of the club.

I've seen nothing about the directors or executive being protected from lawsuits and such.

If someone can point me at the actual website that says otherwise, that would be apprciated.

I do know that many bodies, such as the Trillium Foundation and municipalities want to deal with corporations rather than associations (clubs not incorporated) due to the ability of the corporation to be able to enter into contracts (albeit signed by the executive who have signing authoriity.)

BTW, the "Letters Patent" approach of registering a corporation in Ontario is no longer a requirement. You can register a corporation and specify that it is a not-for-profit organization. If you want to go through all the extra effort, you can still do it.

Last edited by PurgatorY; 04-25-2009 at 08:15 AM.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.