RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: kevin

Total Props: 0
Re: Gws P51 Mustang

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
was it able to fly with the 2 cell lipo's and were you able to take off the ground our did you have to hand launch the plane.
I was also wondering how big were the batteries you were using and what was the flight times.
thanks kev
kevinizer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: john g
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 DSMX

Total Props: 1

Flew mine with a Himax 2015/4300 brushless 6/1 gear and a 2100/3 cell LiPo and spun the GWS 4 bladed prop.Looked great in the air flying around.Flew fast as well as slow and looked the part as well would do great slow rolls,big loops but not much of a knife edge.I would fly it for 12-15 mins without any trouble at all but it was always hand thrown and I never had the landing gear on it as I didn't want the look of the wheels hanging down when in flight.Flew it for about 3 years with only one misshap and that was on landing I let it slow to much and it stalled.It was built per plan,used throttle,elevator,alerons and rudder.I built it and covered it with clear packing tape to smoth out some of the deep panel lines as well as and some strength to the plane without adding the weight of glass or any type of resin.Cheap fun for sure,John
If I could fit in my plane I would
BigJohn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
RCC Apprentice
I am: steve.c
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0

i did manage to take off from ground with stock motor and 2cell lipo.but as said in previous post that was the last time with landing gear for me did not like the wind too much with that power either i do not recall the flight time with that setup as i staled and crashed.the 3 cell lipos with the park 450 and phenox 25 made it a new plane apc-e 9x6 prop only drawing 12-14 amps (static test)full throttle i was getting awsome performance at just half throttle and runtime up to 20 min.the cells were enerland (poly rc)1600mah 18c
and cost around 30us free shipping your going to need your dremel to fit these in!you can go with the 1320mah also.

If you know theres no more juice in the cells DONT TAKE OFF!!!!
connected15 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6
Red face Re: Gws P51 Mustang

Not flown... yet. I sanded out the boiler-plate panels, sanded in some washout, and covered the whole model with tissue & polyurethane: very little weight gain, but huge stiffening on all surfaces. First flights will be with nicads as per instructions, then nimh. Some day I will get to lipos, not anytime soon...

Pics as soon as I find them!
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.