Brison 4.2 stalling - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Unhappy Brison 4.2 stalling

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a used Brison 4.2 in a p 47 giant and am having stalling problems just at the point of flair, the engine idles extreamly well in the pits. It will idle and transition to power and back all day long on the ground. Last weekend we had 3 flights and ran beautifully except it would stall just as you begin to flair on landing. The throttle seems to be responsive throughout the entire travel of the stick while in flight but stalls out just as you begin the flair over the runway. I have checked all the fuel lines and the tank and can't find any splits or cracks. Tank and lines seem to hold slight pressure when you apply it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Shad is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Kevin King
Radio of choice:
JR 28x
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 40
Re: Brison 4.2 stalling

possibly your bottom end is just a 1/32th to lean perhaps
Kevin King MAAC - 76804
JR Americas - Team Pilot AMR-RC - Designer/ Team Pilot
YoungestPiperCub is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Don W
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 43

Total Props: 1

Sounds like you have a plugged vent line to your fuel tank, at higher rpm the engine can draw enough fuel to run but when it goes to idle it can't draw fuel against the vaccumn in the tank.
Tinman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice
I am: Clive Sharpe
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

All of the above apply. I had the same problem from being to hot. I opened up the air flow and it helped.
proptup is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

as mentioned .if you don,t have enough air flow getting out of the engine compartment to cool the engine ,this could cause it to quit from overheating.i had the same problem where the cowl was not cutout for proper airflow.when i came in to land the plane would quit just above the field and after checking things over i noticed low compression in the i opened up the cowl to let more hot air out and after i never had a issue.the problem you have can be one of many rpoblems.hope this helps.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
JR 12x
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 14

it could also be prolonged idle as when landing .try a power off glide at alt.see if it does the same thing.(its supprising how long you are actually off the throttle when landing ).you may just need to raise the idle a click .some people land by choping the throttle and doing a long glide home.this can over cool the motor and cause it to quit ,running on the ground has less air and the motor can sustain higher temp so you may not have the problem on the ground.if this is the problem you just have to change the way you land the plane ,get the plane low &rotate early, bring the throttle back on and fly under power to the runway ,this will help keep the temp up . or it could be the million other things LOL. (also check the throttle linkage to see if it could move or flex under G force), if it has a throttle stop screw ,use it for one flight to prevent throttle plate change (or close)when landing.Roger

Last edited by RAMJET; 04-21-2009 at 05:17 PM.
RAMJET is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

If you have done all the adjustments again and are happy with the way it sounds. Do not forget CARB ICE. Some gas engines are bothered with it. Carb ice will happen up to 60 deg F.

kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.