New guy with a Blade CX2 and some questions - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Cameron H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 2
New guy with a Blade CX2 and some questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hiya, I'm Cameron from Edmonton. Just picked up a used BladeCX2 for $40 from a friend at work. Got to replacing a couple broken parts (rotor and the lower rotor hub) wasn't too difficult to work on apart from the big finger little hardware problem haha.

My question is, this chopper will not hover, at all. I dont even get the training balls off the ground and the thing is moving forward very quickly, i can pull back to bring the nose up but it still keeps moving to the front. Not sure why, is there anything i should look at as far as possibly more broken parts? Everything seems to check out in the pre flight look as shown by the manual. Rotors appear to move enough but im new to this maybe they aren't moving enough.

Any tips or pointers will be greatly appreciated, got it for cheap but i dont wanna have to put a lot of money into a starter chopper. I have always wanted to get into helicopters but never did i stuck with the truck crowd

Attached is a pic of the lower rotorhub/swashplate. Is this normal placement? It almost seems (granted im very uneducated as far as heli's go) that if this was not in the right spot it could very well be my problem.

Im looking forwards to getting further involved with helicopters, so far i enjoy bombing around on the garage floor with this thing, i cant wait till i can actually get off the ground
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0373_small.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	51767  
Monteman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Charlie G
Radio of choice:
JR 11X

Total Props: 0
Re: New guy with a Blade CX2 and some questions

By the looking at the picture the swashplate is not level.

First place to start, make sure your swashplate and servo horns (on both sides) are level. Turn your radio on put all your trims at center, then turn your heli on, pop your servo horns off the servo and put them at 90 degrees (strait across), then look at your swashplate and make sure it is level, if it's not then adjust the ball links to make it level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0373_small.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	51777  
Charlie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
Re: New guy with a Blade CX2 and some questions

Check out the up and down movement of the mainshaft and blades there should be none. If there is then you have found your problem
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.