Wingham Jets Role Call - Page 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #81
RCC Contributor
I am: Paul S.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14 mz
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 1
Thumbs up Re: Wingham Jets Role Call

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks to Angus, Margaret and all the crew and volunteers for all their hard work. Great Show Period!!! I burnt more Kero than I have ever burned in Few years combined.

As for the Parking Fee, that is inline for what we do as well for Leamington, also only pilots and their crew are the only ones that get to go in the pit areas. this is for saftey and insurance reasons. Yes we also do a jet line up on the tarmat for public viewing for so many minutes, I think it was for half and hour, so they could ask questions see a closer view, but NO touching rule applied (You break it, U buy it!!) As for Kids, most kids should understand but the smaller ones should be controlled by parents, remember the rule above.

All in all Angus for your First Jet meet, It was Very well done, As Pete and I were travelling down to Windsor area yesterday. We disscused some ideas that maybe one Day down the road we should meet and talk over about.

I sure liked the idea of having a September event in wingham, but just a Pilot Jet fly, not to even worry about food, we could just chip in for pizza or something.

Time to Finish the Mirage for Chatam
Paul S.
Sundownee is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #82
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18mz
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 5
Re: Wingham Jets Role Call

Originally Posted by JetCrazy View Post
Thanks Angus for a great event as well as suggesting John Weibe fly the Boomerang for the first time. Thanks sooooo much John for a superb first flight and helping solve our starting issues (I hope!). I had a great weekend and managed to fly 6 flights with no assistance.

Hope to see you all again in 2010.

2010!!! give me a call Steven and we will go out anytime

Comp Arf Flash, Retro Reaction, Comp Arf Extra330, Aeroworks Extra300L, Goblin 770, Goblin 500, Align 550e, Align 500, Devil 380 and a Great Wife.
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #83
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

I sincerely think that it was one of the best jet events I ever attended in regards to safety, setup and dedication by yourself and all the people working with you, thanks for making this event one of the greatest.

I would also like to thank all of my old and new friends for being there during the event and in the evening afterwards.

I hope to see you all next year.
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #84
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Peter D
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18 MZ
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 8

Besides all the great stuff you did I noticed that your significant others were working their butts off and seemed to enjoy it. Thank your wife and daughter for us please.

Thanks for the great memories. PS my landings are getting better (grin)

Peter D.
MAAC Jet Committee Member
Deputy South West Zone Director
Member of JPO
Deputy Director - Pickled Pilot Squadron
RC_MAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #85
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jim Brown
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4

Hi Angoose! (and everyone else)

It's 11:30pm here in Winamac. Free wifi is up an running (at a club field!) and it's secure this time. But I don't care. heh.

This past weekend had to be one of the most awsome jet rallies I've been to. (However, Winamac's fireworks show on Saturday kinda one ups it. Sorry. )

Ann and I had an absolute blast. Being able to park the camper right behind our pit spot was the icing on the cake. Get up in the morning, walk out the door, walk 15 feet and I'm ready to rip up the sky. It don't get better than that.

Will download the pics Ann took tomorrow. Can't do the video until I get home (no firewire on this cheap laptop.)

Angoose, you already have my suggestions for next year. Nothing major, just some minor tweaks to make a great event even better. And I certainly hope you keep the same weekend (the one right before Winamac. )

Oh, and Pete (of the RC kind) I've got lots of ice cold wobblies waiting for you here. See you soon.

All the best,
JimBrown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #86
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: The cookie monster
Radio of choice:
Futaba baby!!!
# of RCs: 911

Total Props: 7

Thanks for a great day,(im sure the whole weekend was great, but I can only speak for Sunday). Now I can't wait until next year though. You can't have a monthly Wingham jets eh???

Thanks again for all your hard work, It turned out to be a great event

lilphil26 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #87
RCC Contributor
I am: Len G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 3

Sorry this took so long to post Angus, but there was no "working" ISP at the Lansing hotel last night. We are in MN tonight and tired after a 12 hour drive and a ham & pineapple pizza with Mike at his place! His BVM F-100 is looking spectacular!

Your event was superb, safe, and as well organized as any I've attended across the USA. I must mention the exceptional support you had from your two lovely ladies Margaret and Melissa, not to discount the major efforts of all your volunteers. It really does take a huge collaboration to get this sort of infrastructure set up and functioning, never mind to run as smoothly as it appeared! I know you had to deal with a few issues as the weekend progressed, but it was seamless to us pilots! Such a great venue, good friends, good times!!!

I need to give a particular thanks to the Listowel Country Inn for accommodating Rocky too! He made a good friend with their "Bently" puppy.

Even though I still am nursing my burns from that arcing connection on the SII-EDF, I enjoyed the event immensely and would most certainly make the trip again.

Len is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #88
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Marc T
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0

Many thanks to Angus and all the volunteers and pilots who made the weekend special ! I had an excellent time and look forward to next year !

Marc Thomson
Dundas, Ontario, Canada.
747drvr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #89
RCC Contributor
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: TBD

Total Props: 1

Hey do I smell the scent of a couple of 1:5th F-16's coming soon!!!!!! )

Take OFFS are optional!!! Landings will happen in many different shapes and forms!!!
snovell is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #90
Cy Paul
RCC Contributor
I am: Cy P
Radio of choice:
JR Propo
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 0

Do you smell the scent of the Big F18 coming soon!!!!!

We need another FF in Wingham
Cy Paul is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.