Nexstar for sale - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #21
RCC Apprentice
I am: Chris F
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Re: Nexstar for sale

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
One thing that could make this happen is the weather, being so cold things tend to expand and shrink. So let sat bringing the plane out into the extreme cold made things shrink and when in the toasty warmth of your home the expanded. This would cause tight things to become loose. This has always been a problem with winter flying and one should always check the plane over before each flight. Many people have lost planes do to linkages becoming loose in the cold.

Having said that I think what you have mention are simple minor problem fix by a wrench and screwdriver. Sounds to me like you got an excellent deal on a plane. Good luck in your flying.

Chris Foley
Wings of Wellington
MAAC # 76930

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #22
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Craig D
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 7

Originally Posted by Etobicokeboy23 View Post
Hi Steve:
Tried to start engine today.
The propeller fell off. Tighten bolt. Noticed nitro leaking at bottom of airplane. Took out fuel tank tightend skrew on fuel tank.
Started engine but when I tried to give throttle engine quit. This is why I wanted to test engine but too cold outside. So where do we go from here?????. To all always test out airplane before buying. Disappointed
in Etobicoke
Hi Etobicokeboy23,
Welcome to winter flying and all of its strange quirks. All of the symptoms you have discribed have at some time or another happened to all of us. It sounds like a play by play of my first winter flight. Cold temps will create havoc with a 2 stroke engine and even worse for us 4 bangers. I will repeat what others have said. Always check that prop nut EVERY time you start up. As for the fuel leak, the rubber stopper has probably sat dry for a while and we all know rubber will contract when left for a while, even more so after a cold car ride. As for the engine not running up. A new glow plug will cure that right up. Get used to buying these little suckers. Try taking the carb off and giving it a good cleaning. I clean my carbs every spring before flying season and it makes a world of difference.

As I said at the beginning of this thread. This is a good aircraft. I have seen it myself and can atest to the fact that this plane was/is a good buy.

We are all on this site to help one another as much as we can. throwing someone under the bus before giving them a chance to help is way not cool. Now take your time, relax and enjoy your Nexstar for years to come.

Happy Landings
If you can`t fly it or train it. Just truck it!
MAAC 47374
Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #23
RCC Noob

What can I say that hasn't already been said, the engine runs great but was not tuned for winter running, I hope you recognise the great advice that has been tendered here and use it to enjoy a great hobby and fun airplane.
Closed Thread