Ultimate speed Savage X SS (K4.6) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss nitro RC vehicles

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Exclamation Ultimate speed Savage X SS (K4.6)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi, I'm new here.

I've done some bashing and as much fun as it is spending money on parts to replace breakages (driver error, not part strength) ... It was hella cool hitting a curb at a radared 64 Kilometers per hour.

Since the curb, my need for speed has grown.

There's no local course (Peterborough, ON) to bash on, so I figured I'd try a new venue ... Peterborough Speedway.

King of the Hill ... That contest is people volunteering from the crowd to run their personal cars one at a time around one of the fastest 1/3 mile loop in North America.

So, if my stock Savage did 64 kph on the road and I could drive it on a banked race track that I've seen 3 cars wide make the turns without touching, why shouldn't I be able to drive my Savage full out through the turns ?

But, stock speeds aren't near enough ... There's a whole other 3-speed transmission (87257), oooh and a taller 3rd gear (77065), maybe a 20T clutch (77110) and thanks to the new Savage Flux, I can get a 43T spur (102091).

Stock: 17/47 (2.76) and 2nd gear in trans @ 23/39 (1.695) for a total of 64 kph

New setup: 20/43 (2.15) and taller 3rd gear @ 26/36 (1.384)

Granted, I'll be breaking in my 2nd K4.6, but assuming I can get it dialed into the same performance, my math shows me that I should be able to make 100.619 kph ...

Now, I think my last clocked speed run was on Goliath/Tremor ... I'm planning to run on Phaltline/Blast ... Of my 8 Stock shocks, I am replacing 4 with 25 wt oil and Green shocks, the others are simply replacing Black springs for Blue to soften things up.

I've got until August 8th (King of the Hill contest) to dial in the new engine and shocks and run some radar checks, but I'm planning video taped evidence and radar gunning my truck as I run the loop ... Radio range checks are pretty high on my worry list as well. It's a 1/3rd mile loop, so if I can get a half mile range from my radio, it's all good.

I also need to get in touch with the Speedway operators to be sure I can enter my Savage. I can't see any qualms since King of the Hill is street cars (oil, coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, fuel, driver urine) versus my truck which can only leak shock oil or fuel in an accident, there's much less potential mess ... And I can bring my own kitty litter to clean spills.

I'm thinking that this'll be my 15 minutes of fame. LOL
Tarnish is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice
I am: Chris W

Total Props: 1
Re: Ultimate speed Savage X SS (K4.6)

Sounds like fun trying to break 100km with a savage. The K4.6 is a great motor but you may need a little more motor to go that fast. Good Luck!
cdub749 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice
I am: Andi P.

Total Props: 0
Re: Ultimate speed Savage X SS (K4.6)

5.9for top speed, 4.6for the torque.
properly break-in and adjustment is the way
pengtsupei is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.