Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 10
Re: Why MAAC

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by cncarinspector View Post
Hi Guys,

Please tell me why I should join MAAC? what can MAAC offer me??? Come on sell me!

Not going to try to sell you. If you are only going to drive your car/truck/suv on your own property, you don't need car insurance either.
Lead, follow or get out of the way!
Arceenut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

MAAC is what you make of it nothing more. It does very well in addressing, through clubs and organized events, the issues of all disciplines' of aero modeling. If one took the time from drooling rants they might realize what a daunting task this is. The magazine is mainly intended as a written record and method of communication for all members. It is the official voice of our organization. I think when someone claims they can do a better job without any proof they are just blowing smoke from their nether regions.

Do you need MAAC? Not really, I built and flew for many years including free flight to RC and never knew MAAC existed. I first became a MAAC member because it was a requirement when I finally found a group of people with like interests who were part of a club I wished to join. Through MAAC I have had my hobby grow and made many new friends that I might not have otherwise even met. Itís a great path to increase the fun quotient and knowledge base if you want.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
Claude Paradis
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 0

MAAC isn't for you or for me. MAAC is for US

"MAAC is the organization that represents the needs of modelers to federal and international organizations." Best put!

I am a MAAC member because I support what MAAC is all about as a whole for the model aviation hobby in Canada. I am far from any clubs and far from needing anything specific that MAAC could possibly offer me for my circumstances. Think about it. If we all took the "what's in it for me" on everything, there sure wouldn't be very many options in place for anyone for anything.

Join MAAC because it is your obligation. It is the upstanding and right thing to do if you are active in model aviation in Canada. Are you a modeller or a dabbler. True modellers are MAAC members.
Claude Paradis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
RCC Senior Contributor

I rarely fly at a field where MAAC is manditory. When I do fly at those fields, I'm glad I have it.

Mostly, I am a MAAC member because I'm proud of it. Those ridicuously cheap dues that one pays to be a member is well worth the cost. Being a MAAC member says you are a modeller, extends to you a sense of comradrie, and allows you to be part of a strong modeling "union".

Everyone of my planes carries my MAAC number somewhere. It lets people know that I'm part of the organized modeling community.

I've spent most of my money and time on model airplanes, mean women, and beer. All the rest was just a waste.

MAAC 51187
mtnflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
RCC Apprentice

Like all insurance its something you pay and never want to use. Its that simple.
lowwinds is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
JR 12x
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 12

well I donate to sick kids also and thankfully I don't have one ,but it's good to support a cause that does so mutch for so many ,supporting any cause insures options for all of us ,you may not need maac but what about your kids.what if we lost the option because modelers would'nt support there own cause ???????? I feel obligated to return something to the system that has kept this hobby going.without MAAC modeling would not thrive ,and nor would the stores were you buy your stuff to fly on your own land .

RAMJET is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Michel G

Total Props: 8

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH , this subject again ...................... Later

M.A.A.C. 75640
Hitec Aurora 9
LT-40 LT-60 Alpha-40 Tiger-60 (90 )
ARF P-51 40 TF-P51 Giant KIT
TopFite P-51 Giant ARF X 3
Hanger 9 SpitFire 60 ARF X2
TopFlite Elder-40 ( on the board )
Aero Works 540 T -60
The Ground came up and hit my plane
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 1

Originally Posted by RAMJET View Post
and then the fight started LAMO

Indeed, it has, Sir!

Complete with hate mail, reveived by me, by way of private message from some dolt who does not have the balls to speak his opinion publicly, as I have but instead attempts to hide his hateful ad hominem argument this private message:

Dear DO335,

You have received a new private message at RCCanada from can773, entitled "posts".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

This is the message that was sent:

Mr. Matt Stikeman

I am curious how willing you would be to post the ignorant remarks about MAAC, their employees and international competitors if your full name and affiliation as membership coordinator with the Aurora Model Aircraft club were attached to all your posts.

If you have the gonads to make such remarks, have the gonads to at least let everyone know the source.

Chad Northeast

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,

Looks like I'm as free as I wish to believe whatever I like, as long as I agree with him.

By the way, how do my thoughts have anything to do with the fact that I am the membership secretray for a local club? I receive fees and issue membership cards. That's the extent of it. His non sequitur excapes me.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
RCC Apprentice
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

All I want to know is if I should put my money down on a MAAC membership, which the general consensus says it is a good idea. Since I started this thread I want to close it . I have the information I need and don't have time for rants!

Have a good day Ron
cncarinspector is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
RCC Contributor
I am: guyl

Total Props: 1

MAAC in this country of ours is the authority/the voice which represent all of
us modelers/flyers. Without MAAC we would not be recognized in other countries.
We have a very well organized close fraternity which was expertly put together
by modelers who had expertise in all those legal matters. Insurance coverage,
dedications to the organisation, etc. Publications are good for the amount of
membership that we have and resources.

You are lucky to fly at home at the farm. Clubs are more interesting as I know.
You will find a camaraderie of people which shares the same interest, get to
meet new friends which will help you in many ways. I often go to my local
club just to chat because on some days just too tired to do anything else.

By all means support MAAC....they need you. We do not have the population
of USA which support AMA.

guyl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.