RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Corey B

Total Props: 0
reciver set up

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i got this futaba skyport 4ch and a corona synthazed duel conversion reciver and i am to to this hobby so i dont know how to set the reciver ip to the radio could you help me out with this
corster360 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Todd M
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Re: reciver set up

where are you lost. do you have the manual for the radio.It will tell you what channel does what on the receiver. Thave you been able to get the receiver to respond to the radio yet?
aceplant00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Re: reciver set up

Originally Posted by corster360 View Post
i got this futaba skyport 4ch and a corona synthazed duel conversion reciver and i am to to this hobby so i dont know how to set the reciver ip to the radio could you help me out with this
Ok to start with this receiver is really only any good for electric planes as its only 4 channel(hmm yes that is wrong as they also have a 6 channel). Ok first you have to know which way to plug in the servos. Holding the receiver in your hand with the name facing you there is a small black button in the centre of the receiver.(later for this)On the one end of the receiver are 12 pins 6 on the front six on the back.These pins are numbered in groups of three 1,2,3,4. These are channels one to four. Plug in your aileron y harness into plug one with the black wire to the centre (universal wire could be brown)Plug two will takethe servo lead from the elevator,make sure the black wire is to the centre of the receiver.Plug three will need the wire from ESC also make sure the black wire is in the centre and plug four is for the rudder,again making sure black wire is to the center.Ok now turn on your radio and connect the battery to the ESC . Make sure fingers and body parts are away from propeller nothing should happen other than some beeping. make sure throttle is in the idle position with trim slide bar closed all the way. Now we are going back to that little button in the center of the receiver . Push it in with your finger nail and hold it in. It should flash then flash fast,once it flashes fast you can let it go light should just be on. Receiver is now set. Use throttle to check for rotation of propeller. If it is turning wrong direction close throttle disconnect ESC and switch two any two of the wires from motor to ESC. Reconnect batteryand try throttle again after the beeps stop. In case nothing happens when you first try the throttle go into radio set up and reverse the throttle servo position switch. I am not familiar with your exact radio,my instructions are generic but will work on all futaba and hitec systems
To a tree, balsa wood and MonoKote taste just like chicken!

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.