RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Al O

Total Props: 0
A True Gentlman Of This Hobby

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
To-day i want to thank a true friend of this hobby. I had a problem with a new radio and was having trouble getting to the bottom of my trouble. I phoned Ron Roy in Timmins and told him about my problem. He said he didn't know that radio but if I would meet him in town he would take a look at it for me. In 5 min. he solved my problem. He would take no money for it.If you ever want to meet a top notch guy and a real credit to the hobby just look up Ron Roy, President of the Golden Hawks in Timmins. Thanks again Ron.

Al O'Neill

MAAC# 21580
copilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

Thumbs up Re: A True Gentlman Of This Hobby

thats what this hobby is about.giving a helping hand when needed.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #3
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Re: A True Gentlman Of This Hobby

Ron also serves very efficiently as Deputy Zone Director for the MAAC Northern Ontario zone, and I want to add my compliments for his efforts,which have been very effective and of great help to me.
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 149

I know it is the same around here.

Helping a fellow modeller a-la "pass it forward" has been around since I was a kid starting in theis hobby and for the most part I have seen and participated in this way since then.

Every now and again you meet some "good ol' boys" who want nothing to do with you or wont helpothers that need help, but I hope they are a dying breed.
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
RCC Contributor
I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 18

Holly smokes!!!! Go easy fellows!! My head is so inflated now I'm having troubles getting through the doorway!!! Seriously, Thanks a lot for accolades Al, but if you look around you, there are countless others who have done the same, and the list could go on for a long time. This is a hobby, it's supposed to be "FUN" or "PLEASURE", and helping others is part of that fun. I have had so much help from my fellow modellers over the years, I will never be able to "repay them". All I ask as payment from anyone that I have helped, is: "help others out when asked" Thanks again Al, it was a total pleasure.
Ron L J Roy
MAAC 28139L

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Brad J
Radio of choice:
Jr 9503
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 2

I am very glad to have read this, it restores my faith in members of this hobby, albeit not some of the members(executive in fact) of our club(Windy West rc, Lethbridge Alberta).
Today I was out at our flying field having a very nice day flying, on a very well groomed airstrip. Koodos to the people doing maintenance out there.
Anyways back to my experience. First off I would like to say I have been a member of this club for 5 years, which is when I began the hobby. During this time there has been many crashes and lost planes in the irrigation fields where we fly.. sometimes it takes days to weeks to recover a plane in these crops if at all. During these years I have spent many hours and in some cases going out for a few days in the evenings to look for planes or parts thereof, helping find and carry the remains of crashed planes back out to the strip. Well, the last two years the crop of choice for our landlord has been silage corn app 10-12 feet tall, so you can imagine the task at hand to find a plane when it goes down. Last year I spent many days helping locate planes and an engine for fellow flyers.. including the people present at the field today. The president of our club and the vice president and one 2nd year member who I have helped in the hobby. Today was my turn.. I had a dead stick and my plane(50cc dietrich) went in appx 1/8 mile into the crop.. my wife and I head out to start the search. I found the plane and then yelled to the others I have found it and only my wife(5 foot 1 inch tall) answers.. I talk her towards me and upon reaching me she tells me that the vice president packed his stuff up and went home and the President and the other flyer were sitting under the leanto....nice. So thank you for all the help, my wife and I appreciate it.

Sorry to jump this thread like this but after today I needed to read of this kind deed. So people... please do recognize the good others do for you ...some clubs don't.

bjon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.