Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Smile Re: Spektrum Issues

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by cncarinspector View Post
Excuse my ignorance What is FASST and what is the difference between it and Spectrum?

Spektrum was the first company to use 2.4 Mhz and have been out for a while. Last year or so Futaba came out with theirs called the FASST system, and now...comes Hitec with the new Aurora 7 or 9 channel with 2.4...which should be available as soon as the issues are dealt with...it should feature a touch screen as well. Stay tuned.
To give you an idea of 2.4 popularity, out of a recent event with 60 fliers, only (4) 72 mhz transmitters were impounded....hmmmmm
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26

Last edited by ronnieo; 08-08-2009 at 02:27 PM.
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #22
RCC Apprentice
I am: Todd T
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 0
Re: Spektrum Issues

I found the solution to my trouble. If you read the AR7000 user guide, one of the FAQ for long time to bind is clearly posted

If the transmitter is too close to the receiver (less that 4 ft.) or if the transmitter is located near metal objects (metal TX case, the bed of a truck, the top of a metal work bench, etc.) connection will take longer and in some cases connection will not occur as the system is receiving reflected 2.4GHz energy from itself and is interpreting this as unfriendly noise. Moving the system away from metal objects or moving

And my transmitter was very close to the airplane when the trouble occured.

If all else fails, read the users guide!
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Last edited by tatestate1; 08-08-2009 at 03:08 PM.
tatestate1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.