22nd Kingston Giant rally - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Events Discuss your local events, events attended, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: David A
Radio of choice:
spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
22nd Kingston Giant rally

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
who's going

22nd Annual Kingston Giant Rally. Hosted by IMAA chapter 217 and the Kingston RCM. This should be the biggest and best Kingston Rally yet. Raffles and door prizes. Giant scale aircraft (monoplanes greater than 80" wingspan, multi winged aircraft greater than 60" wingspan, jets with a combined length and span greater than 140" and anything 1/4 scale and larger) permitted to fly. We are IMAA and MAAC sanctioned. No landing fee for IMAA members. Free camping, no hookups. Local hotels are available. Historic Kingston is close by for the family to visit.

Date: Aug 22-23, 2009
Time: 09:00 - 5:00
Length: 2 days
Site: KRCM Field, Kingston, Ont
Fees: No landing fee for IMAA members, $10 for non members
Host: Kingston Radio Control Modellers

Contact(s): Dave Penchuk dave.penchuk@sympatico.ca 613-795-6076, Brian Wattie brian.wattie@sympatico 613-591-1937, Rolly Siemonsen, home: (613) 389-3631, cell (613) 572-3631 Email: rollys@sympatico.ca
davida is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #2

Total Props: 0
Thumbs up Re: 22nd Kingston Giant rally

Hi Dave

I am planning to be there this year....Bro too...I think!

Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 58
Re: 22nd Kingston Giant rally

I'm looking forward to it also! I've been cleared by "the boss" for a whole weekend of fun!

TBrum is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #4

Thumbs up Re: 22nd Kingston Giant rally

We will be there for both days ! ...Like my Bro said !
Old 08-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #5

Wow that was a Great Weekend of Giant Scale Flying !
A Big Thank You to the IMAA Team and the Kingston Flyers Club for one of the Best events I've attended.Ive never seen a Bigger Prizer Table at an event...
A Special Thank You to the Contributors Who Sponsered this Event
Can't Wait till next year !
Old 08-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
RCC Apprentice
I am: Dave P

This was the 22nd year for the IMAA Giant Scale event in Kingston, and I have to say, it just keeps getting bigger and better every year. The weather was great for both days and that in itself is something to cheer about the way the last 2 years have been. With 61 registered pilots and well over 100 planes in attendance, this was defiantly a party. Richard from Discount Hobbies sponsored awesome Black T-Shirts with the Red maple leaf and IMAA logo on the back for free to every pilot. Very nice touch. With 5 flight stations full most of the time, the flow seemed just right with very few waiting periods, and you could see any combination of WW1, WW2, civilian or aerobatic planes in the air. During the lunch break though, the 3D guys were allowed to dominate the sky and put on a show for us while we sat and enjoyed a BBQ meal. Every 20 minutes or so, smaller prizes were randomly drawn throughout the day to spread things out a bit, with many bigger prizes being saved for the end. To cap off the first day, the Kingston club outdid themselves with a fantastic Pig Roast dinner including fresh corn on the cob, baked potatoes and dessert. I think I may have gained a pound or two but who is counting. Carl Kingston, no relation to the event, was the lucky winner of the RCGuys Super Decathlon. Couldn’t have gone to a nicer person. Pictures of this event will be posted in a day or two when I get my feet back on the ground.

The report would not be complete without commending all the people that helped put this event on. Lisanne, Morgan and Dave Asquini on registration, Geoff Strotmann on raffle sales, Dave Hammond, Brian Wattie and Martin “give me a microphone” Passfield for doing all the other tasks too many to mention. Lastly to all the Kingston members that worked really hard to feed us breakfast, lunch, and an out of this world dinner, and for grooming, one of the best flying fields I have had the opportunity to fly at.

Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carl Kingston L_800x533.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	57835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kingston Group 2009 L_800x497.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	57836  
Dave Penchuk
f6hlct is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.