My first nitro plane flight - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #41
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
Re: My first nitro plane flight

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
George, you are the man!!

Regards
Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #42
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-manz35 View Post
Here at the TBFC (Tisdale Backwoods Flyers Club) part of the WINGS test is to land on a grid road that is flanked by two power lines. So congratulations you've passed the test. Your wings will be mailed out as soon as we can carve you a set. I'll get Cletis on it right away.

BTW. There is no dancing allowed unless you are playing a banjo or a fiddle.

YEEEEEE......HAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.....

Cheers. George
Very true george very true!! don't forget we have to dodge your dog while landing as well!! Cletis will have to sharpen his tooth or it's gonna take a long time to carve those wings!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #43
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

I just watched the video and man..... that is effin hilarious!!!!!! No shortage of obstacles thats for sure!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #44
helihead
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

RC CANUCK you are the man! Living life & having fun with your hobby.I enjoy watching your theatrics & the "lighter side of the hobby" slant!
Isnt this what life is all about? I agree this is not a how to video for newbies to get started but we should be smart enough to figure that out. ( should be) I am a believer in safety but I am also a believer in living your life & having fun at it as long as you are willing to accept the risks!(those hydro wires dude!)Thanks for giving a humorous side to this hobby. Not specificly that video but all youir videos in general. Cheers!
helihead is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:21 AM   #45
00lude
RCC Apprentice

I am: O

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihead View Post
RC CANUCK you are the man! Living life & having fun with your hobby.I enjoy watching your theatrics & the "lighter side of the hobby" slant!
Isnt this what life is all about? I agree this is not a how to video for newbies to get started but we should be smart enough to figure that out. ( should be) I am a believer in safety but I am also a believer in living your life & having fun at it as long as you are willing to accept the risks!(those hydro wires dude!)Thanks for giving a humorous side to this hobby. Not specificly that video but all youir videos in general. Cheers!
I'll second that!!! Great videos Canuck! I always look forward to your videos as they put a smile on my face. Please continue on with future videos!
00lude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #46
kirch
RCC Apprentice

I am: Richard K
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX6i
# of RCs: 6

Hmmmmm ...

Congrats on the maiden. Learning to fly without an instructor is teaching yourself everything the hard way and I have to admire the determination. It is not for me, personally, but then again I am not in an isolated area so the choice of going to a club was easy for me.

It looks like a very nice plane. Have fun.

Contrary to what some people seem to imply, I don't think MAAC is the be all and end all. Becoming a MAAC member is not legally required. MAAC coverage only applies to a MAAC approved field so for those people in isolated areas, what is the big deal? Any damage done (at least in this case) is likely to only be to the owner and or the owner's property. In that respect I think it is a free country.

I am a MAAC member because a) my club requires it, b) the MAAC club insurance and c) I believe in supporting a National Organization that champions the needs of airplane modelers.

I respect the safety rules not just because the insurance requires it, but it protects me, others and their property. If it is private property then as the owner you have the right to do what you want on your property. I assume that the occasional vehicle that uses your road is doing so at their own risk?

I am more reserved about my victory dances, meaning that I am doing them inside my head, not on the outside. But I certainly feel that way some times.

One thing about the video that left me feeling a little uncomfortable is that nowhere did you say that was your own, private property. And you seemed to imply that there was more traffic on the road then you indicated on this forum there really is.

Without disclaimers on the video it might encourage others to do the same on public property, where it is likely to be illegal and they would have more liability.

I suspect on future flights you will be thinking more about what you would do if you had to unexpectedly dead stick at any given time on your flight?

Have fun!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #47
RCcanuck
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John M
Radio of choice:
ix12,DX9
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 14

Kirch:

My fault on the vids. Im assuming that anyone that watches my vids are regular viewers. The regular viewers all know, that the vids are for entertainment purposes only! That the area I fly in, is owned by me. That the purpose of the vids are to put a smile on your face. Nothing more...nothing less.
The several forums that these vids are posted on....32 to be exact throughout the world....take these vids for exactly what they are.....entertainment purposes.
However...31 of these forums are not located in Canada.
Weve discussed putting a disclaimer at the beginning of our vid; we discussed this with ...WOW...alot of viewers.....The majority say the same thing...Dont bend to the few that take it personally, and seriously. If they dont realize the vids are for entertainment purposes....well i wont continue what they say. I can fully see the point of the few that are concerned about the content...and lack of safety. I 100% agree of what they are saying! I obviously have offended some viewers on this forum, and I am taking action by A: joining my local flying club. B: Learning the rules and regulations of this exciting, fun hobby. C: Not post any vids on this forum that maybe taken the wrong way in regards to saftey or rules and regulations of this hobby.
Im sure that if there are viewers on this forum...that know what my vids are about...they have allready subscribed to the vids on youtube so they wont be missing any of the vids that I dont post on RCcanada.
Thanks for your comments....as always...i appreciate anyone's comments...whether they are good or bad.
Just do me a favour....smile and enjoy this fun hobby.
RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #48
dastallen
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Dav A

ummm...ok... as long as you are having fun go for it
dastallen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in