Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Re: Questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
OOOOOOHHHH my head is starting to hurt.

Too many options and don't know where to turn I'm not a member of any club so I can't ask any one any questions, and sometimes my LHS makes me feel like I'm wasting their time. Is there any place on the web that has compared the different systems available?

Last edited by cncarinspector; 08-16-2009 at 11:59 AM.
cncarinspector is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 5

Originally Posted by cncarinspector View Post
OOOOOOHHHH my head is starting to hurt.

Too many options and don't know where to turn I'm not a member of any club so I can't ask any one any questions, and sometimes my LHS makes me feel like I'm wasting their time. Is there any place on the web that has compared the different systems available?
Sounds like your LHS shouldn't be your LHS any more! I have been using JR and Spectrum 2.4 gear without a bit of trouble, but like someone said, see what feels right for you, they are both (JR vs Futaba) good makes and will work fine.

Bill......AKA "WW"
MAAC 46039
WOW 2000 POSTS...WOW...I need a hobby...wait...I have a hobby!
canadianf1pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
RCC Master Contributor
I am: George S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

Sounds like you got off to a bad start with the boys at the LHS. I find them to be very good. Have you stopped by the Flying field yet? If you have time and can go out on a nice day you'll find some very smart electric guys out there who will be more than happy to help. I find one of the best ways to determine what radio to buy is to look at the instruction manual. Asking on an open forum usually leads to the low brow Ford vs Chev type of debate. Also you should look at Hitec as their radios will be out soon and are priced very well.

Good luck.

I keep having the same mechanical problem. I've got a loose nut on the transmitter!

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

I am not new to RC but I am going to be new to the 2.4 crowd. I will be purchasing the new Hitec Aurora only because of my confidence in their product. I have owned and used most of the other systems at one time or another and have found I had fewer issues with the Hitec line of products.
There are many aircraft out there outfitted with Hitec receivers and servos being guided by other brand radios. It is a matter of personal preference and confidence in the product. If any one were head and shoulders above the rest there would only be one logical choice. That is not the case so the only thing you will get here are peoples opinions on which one is best. Opinions are cheap everyone has one. Buy the one you feel fits your needs the best. I also have a Multiplex Evo 12 I am waiting to see the 2.4 module that is supposed to be available in the near future.

This is the radio
A comparison chart

If you have room for a Kadet fuselage in your vehicle you will have room for a one piece wing. One of our members has the Nexstar trainer and brings it in his Crossfire. Nexstar has an electric version I am not sure if it comes with a 2.4 radio but you could order just the airframe and fit it out. Just about any of the ARF trainers can easily be outfitted to electric itís just a matter of matching the equipment to the job. You will then be able to use your radio of choice. My personal favorite is the Telemaster in electric. Itís a bit larger span wise but comes with flaps and I still have 2. One an old nitro 66 and I am putting together a new Telemaster 40 as a night flyer in electric.

In the end it is your hobby please yourself and you will be happy. Try and please everyone else and no one will be happy.

Last edited by PurgatorY; 08-16-2009 at 07:48 PM.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.