GLORCS Fundraiser at Hardwood Ski and Bike - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Craig B

Total Props: 0
GLORCS Fundraiser at Hardwood Ski and Bike

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
We just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who came out to support the race yesterday at Hardwood. It was a great success and overall a great day of racing.

We had a good crowd out and the weather....for once...cooperated, though it was a real scorcher. We did get a few minutes of rain in the's not a GLORCS race without rain. I think it was Mother Natures way of saying she hadn't forgot about us!

Our Hotlap Competion was a real site to see and watch as the guys simple drove like they were being chased by the Devil himself! In the end the winner was Chris Rogers who put in the fastest lap.

The Big Air Competition was another spectacle. After re tooling the front double it was launch time. There was some big air! and some damage, but in the end Gump was able to get the best distance with his MP9.

We gave the Bell Ringer Award to Chewy who nearly knocked himself out running up the stairwell onto the driver stand during his buggy main. He hit his head on a cross bar in the scaffolding. I saw this for my self and the whole drivers stand shook....I think he was actually out for a second or two.

And Laura (forgive me if I got the spelling wrong) who won the prestigous "Back That Ass Up" Award. She managed a double with a twist when she fell backwards over the snow fence trying to marshall a car!

The top three in each class were as follows;

Buggy "A"

Krupp, Jordan
Deom, Marlene
Edmonds, Wally

Buggy "B"

Chris Martin
Bryan Cote
Biglar Farbod

Martin Petre
Marlene Deom

Derek Rafuse
Jans Kroeger
Jasmine Hemsworth

Jans Kroeger
Craig Brister
Todd Morden

We want to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors, especially those who went above and beyond to do extra to help us out with this event;

XXX Main
Hobby Home
Precision Hobby
Byron Fuels

We also want to thank a couple of additional sponsors who came onboard for this event

Ideal Hobby
Proline Racing

A special thank you to the Tamiya Racing Team and The Caster Racing Team who provided product for give aways.

Also a special thank you to Nick from Fast Cats and Jay and Joe from Hardcore RC for helping out with the technical side of running this race we could not have done it with out you!

Finally we woud like to acknowledge Gareth from Hardwood Ski and Bike for allowing us to hold this event that their track. It is a great facility and we enjoyed our time there!!

Without a doubt this was a successful event and we thank you the racer for your support. Without you guys we wouldn't have a series. We look forward to our next race at Legacy Hobby next weekend and hope to see you all there.

We will have photos up soon, I'm no Kevin Cobello but I managed to get a few good shots off. We will also have some video available before long of the event.
Series Director
Fozy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.