Reneging is unacceptable - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26
Re: Reneging is unacceptable

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I emailed a Canadian hobby shop for price and availability on some part
They answered both
I phoned and ordered using Mastercard, mentioned emails, thanking them...
Merch failed to arrive
No charge to my card
Yes, emails and phone call, they didn't bother to put the sale through
Emailed again they shipped it (after phoning me), free shipping (about $2 but nice gesture)

Yes, they advertise here, Yes I have bought from them before and will buy from them again.
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Paul J

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by View Post
As petty as the complaint may be viewed, the sinario was exactly this. There was A REAL agreement on price,shipping and payment menthod. Three email exchanges to verify money tranfer and Only A stroke of the enter key away to send. It doesn't get much closer to a done deal than that. And for those of you that disagree, Do me and others a favor and step forward so we know who we should and shouldn't do dealings with. Time is valueble, I could of been flying longer today had I not taken the time to defend core principals.
I agree.

To argue that it also happens to the seller is baseless. It shouldn't happen at all. Two wrongs don't make a "right".

In this case, the buyer's time was wasted. Perhaps he could have found another deal elsewhere if he wasn't honourably committed to this contract.

His original post, pointing out the need for honesty and honour amongst us, is VERY important to heed.
valhalla is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

Originally Posted by Terry Gauvin View Post
Who cares??? I negotiated for an item last week, offer was accepted but seller sent me an email the next day saying he changed his mind and wanted to keep it. Perhaps he got a better offer or perhaps he really decided to keep it. Either way, it is his item and he is free to do as he pleases with it. I did not feel one bit slighted but to each his own.
Obviously some people do. It's called integrity. If you say you'll do something then do it. I don't lose sleep over someone else doing it to me, I can't force him to follow through on something and quite frankly it's not worth my time. That does not mean it should be acceptable behavoir.

There is too much in terms of "good manners" that is slipping in this generation. What was considered unacceptable behavoir even 10 years ago is not commented on now. While I can't force my concept of integrity on others I will never condone the behavoir, not in myself, my kids or even my friends.

As suggested, time is too valuable to waste on this type of behavoir and those to ascribe to it. I won't and will not be associated with any who do.
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #14

whatever happened to the concept "first come first served"? thats the way i always dealt. and if that didnt go through then it would be next in line... usually when i pm about an item, i am usually the one who gets it. unless plans changed then i tell the seller/buyer sorry but things have changed . and to go and sell to next in line.... easy concept that has gotten away from most on here....but as it sits, yes i believe that once entered into any kind of agreement it should be the buyer/sellers.... it is still to this day even though verbal, is still a legal contract... unless the laws have changed ?
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #15

It comes down to Integrity ... maybe better to have it this way ... if they don't have Integrity , maybe they didn't represent the item honestly .... especially if it makes then another $$$$$ or 2.... Integrity is do the Right thing even if no one is looking
Just my humble opinion ...
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
RCC Apprentice

I'm with DMT, Waylander and Dhammond on this one. That is part of buying and selling on the RC Canada website. We are a community of fellow hobbyists that should be looking out for one another and dealing with the highest level of integrity. If I was dealing on Kijiji, Ebay or Craigslist I would be much more guarded in my purchases and would not feel the same way.

I have yet to have a bad deal with anyone on this site (to the contrary, all have been exemplary) and hope the tradition continues. Unfortunately there are a few among us that do our community and the integrity we share within in it a disservice. In some of the posts I've read over the last year it is obvious that some capitalize on those of us that let our guard down because we feel we are a part of a Canadian fraternity of fellow hobbyists.

Last edited by cervelott; 09-11-2009 at 07:38 PM.
cervelott is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 13

Not everyone is going to behave the way that you think they should so get over it already.

Last edited by xv-townboy; 09-11-2009 at 08:01 PM.
xv-townboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
RCC Contributor

Originally Posted by g.p. View Post
I've had several problems with me accepting offers and then the buyer never contacting me again. Guess I should have given them neg feedback for reneging!

Either way it's just plain rude.
Oh well....time to move on.

Last edited by Pangaea; 10-23-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Pangaea is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

The problem is that there really isn't a way of enforcing contracts here, however legal that they may be.

I suppose that you could always take the other party to court (try Judge Judy) but the costs (time and money) would outweigh the benefits.

If you are honourable and forthright and honest, attempt to stay that way; even with all sorts of people around here who are not-so.

If you don't want to trade here, that's your option. Swap meets, boot sales, etc. have the same sorts swimming around like sharks outside of the schools of fish, looking for the fast bite.

Non Carborundum Illegitmi -- look that phrase up and live it.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #20
John M.
RCC Master Contributor
I am: John S.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 MHz
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 24

Boy, I've had nothing but great dealings on RCC so far. One seller on the East Coast even sent the item on my word that I had sent a check!!!!

Some people have been more guarded, but all have come through in the end and reinforced my belief in my fellow man / woman (modeler).

Kudos to all of you who stick to your word. You are a great example for those whose life touches yours.
John M. is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.