E-Flite Blade MSR - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John M

Total Props: 13
Re: E-Flite Blade MSR

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
And??? What happened?
RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:07 AM   #12
Al P
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Al P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 17

Total Props: 0

I took it to Windsor and flew it outside on Saturday. There were some gusts but nothing major. The msr handle them really well. Sometimes I'd need full input to fly against the wind. This tiny bird is tough. A few times I had to bail from all the controls to avoid a big crash! Each time I just picked it up and started over.

Sunday evening was better. No wind. It's usually very calm after dinner so it's the best time to fly outside. The msr is really agile and responsive. It will take some getting used after flying the mcx for so long. Right now I don't see myself moving the set-up to the more agressive settings.

I'm glad I bought the extra 120 mAh battery but should have bought 2. Flight time is longer than with the 110 mAh battery in the mcx.

This week I'll be practicing inside my 16' x 30' family room and maybe some backyard if it's warm enough.
Al P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #13
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Jarrett S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 4

I have some Tenergy lipos for the MCX/MSR.

New, in package.

Tenergy 3.7V 130mAh 10C LiPo

Fits in the Eflite charger. I am using some in my MCX, and they work good. It is a little tighter fit in the MCX than the stock Eflite batt.

3 for $17 shipped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tenergy.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	62299  
hs748 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
I am: Evan O.

Originally Posted by hs748 View Post
...3 for $17 shipped
From where? ... or is that an offer?
etotheo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Peter C
Radio of choice:
JR 9503H
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 2

Originally Posted by etotheo View Post
From where? ... or is that an offer?
Manitoba, he is selling.
RC is more addictive than Nicotine...........

.............Haven't had nicotine it 9 months but still flying

MAAC #83325
petes66 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #16
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Anthony
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

Let me start off by saying that I have never flown heli's before (now have the MSR and a Trex 450), but do fly planes (for 3 years now). I got one of these about a month ago. After a week, picked up a couple larger batteries (more mAh I mean). So now I have 2 batteries that came with it and 2 that have more mAh. Very durable, crashed many times but like was said, pick it up and fly again (I usually fly it in my 16x16 foot shed which has less room due to the cabinates and three 100cc sized planes hanging on the sides). The only thing I broke so far was one post on the landing gear. A little hot glue and all is good. Very fun and fairly easy to fly. My son (9 yrs old) tried it out last night for the first time and he did really well with it. He was able to keep it straight and in one spot for a while, then moved on to moving it forward and back and side to side. He did crash it a couple of times, but as long as you kill the throttle before it crashes no damage. Well worth the money and fun to fly indoors and out (with no wind or very little). Nice to fly outside in the evenings (dark and light snow falling). Would be nice to have a red light on the tail to help orientate while in the dark. Should look into the glow parts one can get.
I usually fly in the low rate mode (press the right stick in and the red light on the Tx will flash), as the high rates are pretty responsive (good for outdoors).
Yesterday the power adapter for the charger quite working, will have to take that back to the hobby shop. I have a multi power supply that I can use, but due to it putting out less mA I can only charge 2 batteries at the same time otherwise it takes way too long to charge them. Other option is to put the D cell batteries in the charger, but the power supply works till I get the original supply replaced.
Recommend this to anyone.

MAAC#78933 IMAC#5720
PAU Edge 540 36%
JTec Extra 330 42%
C-arf Yak 55sp 2.8m
2 - Thunder Tiger Raptor 50 v2's (FBL)
Hobbico NexStar
and a few smaller stuff.
Oilsands is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:52 AM   #17
RCC Contributor
I am: Brian G
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 12+

How does the CP Pro2 compare to the MSR? I have a mCX and have flown the MSR quite a bit. Not sure whether to move to the CP Pro2 or the 400 for indoor flying this winter.
nairbg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #18
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1

The mSR is still VERY stable hands off compared to a collective pitch heli. It is very good for learning orientation, but either the CP Pro2 or 400 will take a bunch more practice again!

I would check with where you plan to fly, some indoor places I've heard of don't like 400 size heli's. I'd say the 400 is your better choice though, it'll be more stable and will handle outdoor conditions better as well.
Pico Tiger Moth | Formosa | PZ Extra 300 | Sbach AS3X | UMX Habu | um P51 | UMX AS3Xtra | mCPX | Phantom 3 Pro | Blade nano qx FPV | Indy 250 FPV Racer | XXT | 22T | TT-01D M3
wparsons is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.