Any Spad'ers around Kitchener?? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
S.P.A.D.s Discuss SPADS

Old 10-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: alanf
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50

Total Props: 5
Re: Any Spad'ers around Kitchener??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Try GE Polymer(shapes) or something like that. A lot of people said you could get it there a couple of years ago. They wouldn't always have it in stock. (like the day I went) It was somewhere near the Toronto airport. I was kind of lost when I found the place. I ended up getting some from Johnny Gough at the Cobble Hills club near London. He also sells some nice .25 size Scale Combat kits that use the stuff. The WW1 planes were $45 and the WW2 were $60. If you get in touch with him in time you could maybe pick it up at the London swap meet Nov. 13. It is a must go place anyway. You can roll it up and tape it, and get it in a back seat of most cars. I think I paid $14 a couple of years ago.
aspeed is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: Gary Droppo

Total Props: 1
Re: Any Spad'ers around Kitchener??

Originally Posted by benjhind View Post
Glad to hear you jumped into it!

For the record, I've seen planes midair and not bust CA coro-to-coro joints. However, I have had some bad luck and like PU glue (I've used both Elmer's Ultimate and Gorilla, and like them equally).

I clean the coro with acetone, roughen areas to be glued with 3M pad or very fine sandpaper, again clean with acetone, mist the area with window cleaner, glue with poly glue (Gorilla or Elmers Ultimate). I do not "flash" the coro, I have no need to do so, plus it can be hazardous to health and workshop!

Where I have had other techniques such as CA or hot glue or contact cement fail in use or due to prolonged exposure to heat in the car, etc., joints done this way have never failed.

I have never found the need to excessively clamp parts, usually I use some masking tape, rubber bands or small weights, depending upon the location of the joint. Check back after a few minutes to see how it is doing, wipe way any excess foaming glue (or just leave it around bulkheads and firewal to create a strong flllet.
deerslayer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.