What is the best Simulator - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Flight Simulators Discuss flight sims.

View Poll Results: Best Simulator
RealFlight 22 34.38%
Phoenix 26 40.63%
FS One 4 6.25%
Other 12 18.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #31
Luke Planemaker
RCC Contributor
I am: Tony R

Total Props: 0
Re: What is the best Simulator

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
For the record, I didn't vote in the poll, as I only have the older 3.5 version of realflight, and haven't tried the others. I did download the phoenix viewable demo, and it looks like a good sim also.
Fly or fly not! There is no try.
Luke Planemaker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #32
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5

Well I love gadgets, and have owned them all, I will not say how many were pirate versions but I bought Phoenix and Real Flight 4.5 at the end.
They will all help to learn to fly and each is better then others in one thing or another. I like and owned Aerofly pro first, great graphics, easy on the computer, good with planes, not so good with heli's, tons of older planes available, but showing it's age.
RealFlight, still like very much, tons of planes available, little hefty on pc, need some power there, very adjustable, decent physics, but very cartoony and 'American' lots of video game like features, they make you pay for every larger upgrade, greedy.
Reflex was too complicated and now very dated with little support from anyone, too bad the sim was pretty good but again required better computer, bargain if cheap.
FS1 , tested the first one for the local hobby store, very heavy on the pc, very limited planes, company totally dropped the ball, flies ok but not worth it unless under $30.
I almost forgot I have Clearview, pretty good for $35, planes available, good beginner physics but runs out in more sophisticated stuff. Best in a bargain bin.
Now the Phoenix, IMPO the best of the lot, but not by a huge margin, easy on the pc, well supported, free updates, very good physics, Excellent graphics, currently the only short comings are no plane editor at this time, but they supply planes at a good clip.

Best advice, buy any of them and practice, it is no substitute for the real thing but better then nothing and great place to try new moves, less costly.

Come to think of it I should listen to my own advice, maybe I would fly better!!

ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #33
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Gordon
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9 BE, DX3R & DX3S
# of RCs: 30

Total Props: 3

I believe there is a "best" preference. All the SIMs are good as a learning tool. As for the best? The best is the one you chose to use more often or the one you decided to buy!

I own both Phoenix and RealFlight; both are good. They each have their good points and better points. Both are perfect to keep the fingers active and to practice new skills. I use them both equally when I have the time!

The bottom line; buy any of the SIMs and have fun...

Enter the World of Ballroom Dance... www.ballroomdancelessons.ca
All for One, One for All... www.scarboroughfencing.on.ca

RC: Nitro and Electric Helicopters, Planes, Cars, and Trucks; Non-RC: Ballroom Dance and Fencing!

MAAC 77725
Jiver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #34
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Originally Posted by Dave Holmes View Post
Well, judging by the poll results so far, my feeling is on the money. The FS One I have is not that great (I knew that, it keeps locking up my computer) and the one I want is ahead in the poll. I guess I'll just have to fork over the money and buy Phoenix.

I like the idea of not having to pay for add-ons too!
You'll absolutely love it Dave.

As for free version updates and add-ons, I purchase Pheonix last Spring and at the time the version # was 2.00n.

Since then the program has evolved to version # 2.50 which has a number of improvements and bug fixes as well as a whole bunch of new planes and 6 or 7 new flying sites. Just today, Dec 26/09 I decided to give "Free" updates a go. And I now have the newer version and all the new add-ons absolutely free!

This is an amazing sim in itself for the money but wow, getting lifetime free updates is awsome.

I was so excited when I checked out the new aircraft that came with the update. A WW1 Sopwith bipe is in the lineup. Excited because I am just working on a 1/4 scale Neiuport 17 and my next project is the Sopwith Pup, 1/4 scale of course.

Anyway, you won't go wrong with this sim and I know you'll be thrilled with it!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 AM   #35
Cam Peebles
RCC Noob
I am: Cam P.
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0

I just purchased a Phoenix simulator and I am having a hard time getting it to work. The spektrum radio that came with it does not conect with my computer any IDEAS????
Cam Peebles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.