Mintor 220 - Page 16 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #151
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Re: Mintor 220

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by wingburner View Post
Jim, I am a 3W diehard. Difference with me is I have and will continue to have a large selection of all kinds of engines. Don't surround myself in a little bubble with "only DA"!! Way to many options out there to think that one brand is the best.....I could really go in to length on this subject but I'll let it go.....

As far as the DA-200. It was sent in because all the carb/reed cage gaskets were leaking. While it was there it received a crankshaft upgrade...An upgrade from DA??? Believe it or not...yup!!!

If I were to buy another QUAD in the 200cc or larger it would likely be another DA 200 or hopefully a DA 240. Even thought the 3W 220 kills em all!!

Trevor is testing his 3W 220 and his ZDZ 180....I'm going to ask him if he'll post his test data on here so it's all in one place for future reference.

Maybe we should start another thread for gas engine data and just copy and paste the pertinent stuff from here.
For the record I have owned and flown the ZDZ80 and the Super 80 and did like them. A little tougher to start but tonnes of power, especially the super 80. Not quite as much as the DA85 but no slouch either.
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #152
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 58
Re: Mintor 220

Originally Posted by scaleguy View Post
As for sticcking with DA.. we haven't had to much luck out here in this end of the country with 3W. EVERYONE I know that has or has had 3W had problems. I am not saying DA is perfect, there is no such animal when human beeings are involved, it just seems DA appears to be more reliable. And contrary to public belief I do not posses unlimited funds or have as great a job as you and Trev so I can't affoard to experiment too much.

Jim... I think you've out-spent me and Jack combined in the past few years!!!! And what do you mean "we haven't had much luck in the east"??... all of my 3Ws have ran great and I've owned four so far!!! So have all my DA's. So have all my....

Jim... need I remind you about all the DA170s and DA85s that have had issues in "the east" I'd say DA is right on track with any other manufacturer!! Great customer service though!!!!

Fact of the matter is that all the manufacturers make great motors! I love DA as much as 3W, Mintor, Zenoah, BME, ZDZ, etc, etc and will likely seal the deal on either a Mintor55 or DA60 today!!!!!

As for the Mintor220, I'm up to almost 100 liters of fuel through it and have never put as much gas through a motor as this one.. it's been the ultimate in reliability so far and with insane power. It's unfortunate that something isn't right inside, but in discussions with Blaine, I know he'll make it all good - he's a top-notch guy and was sponsored by DA and Carden for 14years and knows full-well the importance of customer service... very impressive guy!!

Visit my

Sponsored By:
ThunderBolt R/C
Hot Wire Foam Factory
B&E Graphix
Carden Aircraft
AirMan Wheels
Pro R/C

Last edited by TBrum; 05-25-2011 at 06:47 AM.
TBrum is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.