Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #41
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Gerald R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 13
Re: Flying Drunk

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The ones that are taking it seriously are probably the same guys that have never had any "fun" in their lives , and have a hard time distinguishing mtnflyer's attempt at humour and lighthearted conversation as anything other than a serious statement . I have never met Guy , but i can tell when he is bored and has a few beer in his belly , just by what he posts . It really isn't that difficult , but then again , i've had some "fun" in my life too .
The engine is the heart of an airplane , but the pilot is it's soul .
hellyeh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #42
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: david R

Total Props: 6

I wasn't very clear on that. By motorized i mean, It was explained to me that a bicycle is motorized be the person on it and a horse is motorized by it's self but while your on it your in control of a motorized vehicle. you can be charged. Questions enlighten, enlightenment educates, there are no stupid questions. From what I have read here some people assumed they could drive on private property and not be charged. they have been enlighten that you can't do that. On your riding lawn mower cutting your grass, you can be charged if your drinking.
QMAC Admin
davecrash is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #43
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: jay
Radio of choice:
JR x9303 2.4GHz
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

I just read the MAAC saftey code and on the first page, section 1, line 5, it says (I will not operate my model while under the influence of alcohol or judgement impairing drugs). sounds like common sense to me.
Riddick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #44
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hey! Somebody check the MAAC insurance policy. Does it mention "No Alcohol"??

If not then someone slipped up
Max, not only there but also the MAAC Safety Code, the AMAC field Rules and your lease with the Town. IIRC, the lease specifically says "no alcohol, no smoking", which is plain language.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #45
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

When I was about 17 or 18, I was flying at a local field (not a club, just an open field in my town) and it was the middle of the afternoon.

I was just getting ready to land my Telemaster 40, as my mom was coming to pick me up. Then I heard cursing, and this drunk dude is running towards me, screaming and waving his arms, etc. I landed FAST.... and went to gather up my plane and flight box. He was obviously drunk, and was yelling at me something about getting his shotgun. My mom got there just in time, I through my gear into the van and told her to get going!

Yes, thats my drinking and flying story!

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #46
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8

I think, to be honest, that you would never be charged for flying an RC airplane drunk. In fact, the laws governing the operation of RC airplanes is vague at best, and often left to membership bodies rather than bylaws. However, if someone did damage or caused injury while rc flying drunk, a lawyer would have a hayday with it. And most certainly MAAC would not be standing behind that person.
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #47
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

Total Props: 0

I was once away for a weekend with some buddies and one of them decided to go flying a small electric foamy after having a few too many mixed a little smoky stuff. It was the middle of January and about 3 am in the morning. also it was snowing large fluffy flakes. Yes I know how to have fun. We all followed him out down to the ice. Its a big lake. He went out a long ways and the only guy beside him was the one holding the 12 million candle powered spot light. He took off all was well until he turned. You see when flying with a spot light he explained latter you of course can only see the spot and nothing coming in front of you. Everything would have been fine but he turned towards shore and flew straight into a tree. The plane fell out of the tree to the ice with a little tail damage from hittin the ice. No other damage, remember it was a foamy slow flyer. We all laughed and went back inside drank more until the sun came up.

I had a great time. I realize some of you guys are going to freak out so I am now putting on my flame suit. Have fun....... I know I do.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #48
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8

Good story, raises a very good point: it depends what kind of aircraft is involved. There's a big difference between, say, a 10 oz indoor heli and a 33% CAP with a 50cc gas engine. No doubt even a park foamie could do some damage and hurt someone pretty bad given the right circumstances, but a giant scale could easily kill someone. Flying a little Sears-style home flyer at a party probably doesn't count.

Whoever started this thread - darned you fo raising such a brain-teasing issue!
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #49
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Quote: "Questions enlighten, enlightenment educates, there are no stupid questions."

I know this is meant to be all in fun so here goes my feeble attempt at adding to the merryment by taking exception to the comment that "..there are no stupid questions.."!

AND I just knew the opportunity would once again arise to bring this back so that even new folks here could enjoy it.

The dumbest question ever asked here on RCC, a pretty stupid Q at that, was a question asked while a very intoxicated person was operating a computer while deeply under the influence. Are you ready for it?

This is what was honestly asked in the heading of this now famous/infamous post. Here goes:

Quote: "What piece glow talk?"

Hope you enjoy this bit of crazyness....again!

For thoes of you who fly full sized aircraft, no doubt you'll remember the rule of thumb about drinking and flying: "12 hours bottle to throttle"

Seems to me it would be a good rule of thumb for flying RC as well!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 12-12-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #50
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Curtis H
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 53

Originally Posted by Gary Maker View Post

Quote: "What piece glow talk?"

Awe.... good times!!

You can fly Hitec or use the other "low tech" stuff!!

Forum Rules Link
chuebner is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.