Copter-Plane? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Igor S
Radio of choice:
Jr X9303
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0
Lightbulb Copter-Plane?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I think the real name is gyrocopter
vasy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Arthur F

Re: Copter-Plane?

I works more like a Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne but instead of a pusher prop in the back this one is in the front. I have enough trouble with operating one transmitter at a time let alone two like he is.

Raptor 50 V2
MAAC 35808
sliderx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Gary L

Total Props: 30

Cannot see any advantage in trying this. But, hey, I'm a hardcore tinkerer at heart and love to find Rube Goldberg is still enjoying himself.

As for helicopters, the limit on forward speed is what is called "Retreating Blade Stall". When you look at a stable hover the rotor sees the same tip speed all way round. As the heli accelerates you add that velocity to the advancing blade and subtract it from the retreating blade. When this happens the blades seek to fly best for a given speed and weight, so the advancing blade will climb and the retreating blade drop. On a two-bladed system that is the reason they have the teetering hinge. One multi bladed machines each blade root will be hinged or dampered to allow it to change it's flight path and possibly Lead/Lag.

At some point the retreating blade will simply run out of enough airflow and stall. From my own experience the heli gets very uncomfortable when you push it close to this limit, and you don't want to put the customers through it.

So, regardless of what is providing the thrust for forward speed, you will eventually reach that point and unless there is some other method to provide lift, (re. Cartercopter) the thing will become unstable in the air.
Cougar429 is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Hank U.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18SZ

Total Props: 9

Santa needs to give him a decent radio
MAAC # 51283
hitechflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
RCC Contributor
I am: Igor S
Radio of choice:
Jr X9303
# of RCs: 15

I'm not sure why he uses 2 remotes. He can just connect the prop to an spare chanel and us it an an on/off switch.
vasy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.