FS - Engines Sell RC aircraft engines and related items

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2009, 05:21 AM   #1
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Keith M

Total Props: 2
not answering questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Don't you hate it when guys post something for sale, you ask them a question and they don't answer. If you don't want to sell then don't post or if you are going away then at least state that in your add but this guy "highlights" has not answered me in about a week. He has just pissed me off and as a result has lost out on a sale.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Peter M.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 37

Total Props: 15
Re: not answering questions

Yup, it can be frustrating, however, there may be a very valid reason the seller is not answering. It's a busy time of the year and the person could be away on vacation or out of his local area visiting family or friends, or perhaps work called him away unexpectedly. Give it to the New Year and try again. Best of the season to you and your family.

Peter Merkel
MAAC #22527

Murphy was an optimist; fly safe and have fun.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #3

Total Props: 1

Well KWM, just to brighten your day, I would hazard a guess that he lives in Victoria BC.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33

yup, he's gone fishing!!

seriously though there could be valid reasons for not responding. Things do come up in life that are truly 'life and death' and an RC ad is not one of them....ron
Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 13
Unhappy Re: not answering questions

I absolutetly hate having to send 10 emails to get 10 questions answered that should have been listed in the for sale add in the first place.It's worse than pulling teeth.And even after all those emails there are still vague or unanswered replies to your questions.Then to top it all off you can tell that the seller is gettting frustrated with all the questions that your asking.Personally it eventually turns me off and becomes a deal breaker,in turn the seller gets mad again because he thinks that you've wasted all of his time answering all of your questions..Ya i really love those types
Old 12-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8

Oh townboy.. Don't forget, they also wasted your time.. I take all "for sale" stuff with a grain of salt.. I go into it as, If the seller wants to get rid of it bad enough it will happen.. If not then another one will come up soon enough.. I've had my share of "deals that don't happen" and think "O well".. What would Mojo the helper monkey off the Simpsons say "Mehh"...
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes
Old 12-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 3

I don't like...

1. When a question is posted for all to see, but the reply is sent via PM, (if at all).

2. When a seller deletes all his posts in his ad after a sale. This is unnecessary and could possibly be a red flag. I've taken to quoting in my responding posts when dealing with a sellers who like to do this - just in case.

3. When you ask a couple or three questions, and you get a reply to MAYBE one of them.

4. When someone can take the time to list something for sale, but don't post that it's sold. (Kinda like the people who plaster the neighbourhood with "Yard Sale" signs but can't be bothered to take them down after the fact).

5. When an ad is so riddled with spelling mistakes that it's sometimes nearly impossible to tell what the heck is being said. Before firing up the flame throwers, there is a built-in spell check, so all the little red lines under the bad words are really quite obvious and fixable. It's sometimes hard to believe someone has taken such meticulous care of the equipment they are proposing to sell, if they can't take just a few seconds to read the ad they are posting. I'm not complaining about grammar or punctuation for obvious reasons.

6. No transaction feedback. Only takes a second. I hope I haven't missed anyone myself, but do find only about half actually leave feedback.

Flame away...
Old 12-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Quote: " 4. When someone can take the time to list something for sale, but don't post that it's sold. (Kinda like the people who plaster the neighbourhood with "Yard Sale" signs but can't be bothered to take them down after the fact)."

When someone joins a website like RCCanada, they are in effect saying they have read, understand and accept the terms of membership, promising to obide by them. I doubt half the people who have joined here have even read the rules so how the heck could they understand, let alone, follow them. This becomes very obvious by the way people conduct themselves here on this website.

As quoted above, this is one of the things I personally find most frustrating. RCCanada generously lets us use the "Forsale/Wanted" forems FREE of charge. Judging by some of the elaborate posts people put up to sell something, one can see it has taken considerable time and thought to put it all together. Not to mention updating it and answering question whether in forem or via PM. The item sells and once the seller accomplishes his goal, he either ignores or forgets to mark it sold. IF if he does indicate it has been sold, its in the very last post of a long thread where you only see it after browzing through all the detail, questions and answers.

It is almost common place now to just ignore indicating it when something is sold or found. Surprisingly, its not just the new folks who are doing this. Even some long time members have lapsed into a careless attitude in this regard.

Come on folks! It only takes a minute to go back to your For Sale Add, edit your first post, click on the "SOLD" icon and resubmit. A bright red box with SOLD inside shows one and all before clicking on your thread that the item has been sold.

It may seem like only a little thing, but multiply that by dozens of items being sold and it adds up to a pile of frustration, that could be easily avoided by knowing the rules, doing your best to apply them to yourself!

This saves everyone, including the seller, time & frustration!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
RCC Apprentice
I am: Gar y

Total Props: 0
Item is sold Re: not answering questions

It also helps to use this icon when the sale is pending funds or actually sold.

Retirement is a full time job.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Vincent V.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

Isn't this the FOR SALE section and not the general discussion section?
Closed Thread