not answering questions - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Engines Sell RC aircraft engines and related items

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Re: not answering questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Regardles, kwm did what we are supose to do.By opening his owne thred and not hijacking or takeing over someone elses thred to bitch on.This is the section that he has the problem with,So maybe the ofenders will see this and get the point.Just my 2 cents.......GREY.......

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Roland H

In reply to putting up the sold sign, I have tried to put up the sold sign 4 times,( 3 articles and 1 test piece ). It has worked for me on 1 article and the test piece. On the other two pieces I've tried 1/2 a dozen times apiece , but the sold sign does not show up on the list of threads, only inside the thread.WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!

Thanks Rolly
Old 12-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave H
Radio of choice:
JR 12X / Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: +20

Total Props: 5

You need to select the sold icon on the first entry in the thread, use the edit feature and click on the sold icon.
RV-8'ting and loving it!!
**Trout Farm Flyers**
Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #14
Dale Hunter
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dale Hunter
Radio of choice:
a 12 X in each hand !

Total Props: 39
Item is sold Re: not answering questions

Rolly, go back to your post here in this thread #12. Click on Edit, then click on SOLD down below -Done-. Try it in this thread, now apply the same to the first entry in a for sale thread originated by yourself in the future. Hope this helps, it took me awhile at first.
FishFly - FunFly, Sept 11-13. Great fun!
Trout Farm Flyers. Life is good.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Go back to the very first post in your sale item thread and click "Edit"

Then click your curser in the "Title:" box (the single line box above this box), then take your pointer and go to the bottom of this box where you see all the pretty icons and click on the "SOLD" icon then click on "Submit Reply" and the deed will be done.

When you exit back to the main listings page you will see that your thread listing will now have the red "SOLD" box on it!

IF you need any help with such features of this web site, just ask for help and not only myself, but any number of folks here will be very willing to help you through it!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 12-30-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #16
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Wow if thiz is all ve hafe to complane about everyting must be purdy good eh!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Travis F.
Radio of choice:
32ch FrSky Taranis Plus
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 1

I 100% agree. I literally have to send like 10 emails on many of the sales, and still have very little idea of what you're actually getting. It's so frustrating.

The solution to this is to simply have a sellers template that each new thread creator must fill out on the For Sale forums. All fields required. It would take less than an hour to make and could simply be implimented by posting a sticky at the top of the page to copy and paste (not ideal but would work fine). Non comformants would get their thread closed or deleted, depending on what the mods decide. People would catch on in a matter of days and it would be a much happier and user-friendly forum! You're guaranteed to at least get some detail on the item(s) for sale. Moderators can you look into doing this?

Last edited by Eganwp; 12-30-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #18
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mark P

Hey Guys, Highlights here.

Wow , I would never have thought that I would have been one of those guys! I have purchased litterally hundreds of items on line. On the flip side to that I have only tried to sell a couple of items. Personally I despise the same thing you are all discussing here. I too gave thought as to why my simple questions could not be answered by the person selling. I eventually move on and find someone else who is eager to sell. Also what really irritates me is one word answers. What happened to Hello, how are you etc. All has become so blunt . Too bad. None the less, it was not my intention to alienate anyone here on RC Canada. I have been a long standing member on most sites world wide and have never had any problems. My only excuse would be that within ten minutes of posting ( on another site ) my motor sold. I did not receive any notifications via my own e-mail that I had actually received a PM from one of our members here on RCC. I would never let anyones' questions go unanswered . That is just plain rude and I appologize. Some of you guys were right. Simply put other more important things in my life especially with the Christmas season took centre stage and I completely forgot to check in. No huge stories of family sickness or job loss. Did not go out of town but I plain forgot RCC.

The thread has been updated and the "sold" logo has been placed.

I do thank those who showed interest and hope that I did not cause too much insult to your holidays.

Proud Flying Giant!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #19
RCC Contributor
I am: Shaun P

Originally Posted by kwm View Post
Don't you hate it when guys post something for sale, you ask them a question and they don't answer. If you don't want to sell then don't post or if you are going away then at least state that in your add but this guy "highlights" has not answered me in about a week. He has just pissed me off and as a result has lost out on a sale.
Wow.... Highlights is a personal friend: a great guy, father, and husband.

Remember, these are real people with feelings.

This is just a hobby.

Pilot Yak 121" / PC-21 / 1/3 Brown Racer - "Miss Los Angeles"
TRex 700DFC Full fuse
Old 01-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
Turbo Ready
RCC Noob

Highlights did not live up to his name by highlighting that the motor was sold, had to stick that in Highlights JK

Its annoying when people don't reply to questions indeed but I did see complaints about people not getting PM notifications.

It's nice to see that Highlights took the time to respond to this anyways, hats off to him.

It's good to have trade points too, I have a few on my old account but need to have my password reset. Since my email address has changed, I am hoping the mods can do it so I can use back my old account. I had to register again to use the forums.

BTW, Gary Maker, nice to see you around Bud we did business before, I am Striker.
Closed Thread