Hitec Aurora 9 Transmitters In Stock - @Tboltrc.com - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Thunderboltrc.com Xoar Propellers, Falcon Propellers, Gas Engines, Giant Scale Accessories, Electronics, Servo Extensions, Hitec Products, etc - Radio Control Accessories

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #11
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 8
Re: Hitec Aurora 9 Transmitters In Stock - @Tboltrc.com

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks Moo, I'll take a look. I have already contacted Mike Mayberry at Hitec support as well. but his answer was a vague.

Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

Originally Posted by aceplant00 View Post
As far as I know the spectrum module will work. You can put the spectrum module into the back and run the receivers they offer.

So are you saying Spektrum, as in made by JR 2.4, or are you saying Spectra, as in Hitec 72MHz synth module?
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

I have been in contact with Mike Mayberry for a while now while I was waiting for this new offering from Hitec.

Like all other 2.4 the equipment is proprietary (works only with its own receivers) not compatible with other 2.4 systems.

The old modules are not the same pin pattern as the new ones. See the included pictures. You will have to buy the proper 72 module to fit the Aurora. The old module uses two rotary switches to change frequencies. The way I understand it these are not on the 72 modules for the Aurora instead you can switch the cannels from the radio menu.

They will be marketing a 2.4 module to use in the Eclipse that will come in the US with two 7 channel receivers for about $130 approximately. I did not inquire if it would fit in any other Hitec radios.

They are working on adapting the 9 channel module to the Royal Evo series radios. I asked about adapting to other systems and was told not at this time. Places like Radio South and Tony Stillman will do this on a custom basis.

The module in my Aurora plugs in to the Eclipse I am not willing to turn it on to see if it works. I have ordered the proper module and receivers from the hobby shop.

I was told the reason the wire from the 2.4 module was not done internal was to facilitate changing from 2.4 to 72 and back as the antenna would have to be changed. The antenna for the Aurora unscrews very easily. Even though the antenna from the Eclipse slid into place perfectly it would not pick up on the threads in the Aurora making me think you may have to use an antenna specifically for the radio.

The 2.4 receivers work with the conversion as well as the Aurora.

Picture one is the back of the Eclipse showing pin orientation of the old 72 module

Picture two the back of the new Aurora

Picture three the backs of both modules 2.4 on the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	one.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	66993   Click image for larger version

Name:	two.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	66994   Click image for larger version

Name:	three.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	66995  

Last edited by PurgatorY; 01-08-2010 at 10:12 PM.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.