Caught Taking House Items For The Shop - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6
Re: Caught Taking House Items For The Shop

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I bought a Starfrit digital scale for my builds and my wife wants to steal it! I haven't "borrowed" anything from the kitchen except for bamboo BBQ skewers and toothpicks. We don't have any interesting tools in our kitchen, well except for me!
Team Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Vincent V.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

Canadian Tire had the Starfrit scale on sale Saturday for $9.99 door crasher, I took back some unwanted Christmas present and got this instead! Good deal, measures up to 5kg at 1 gm intervals.
Also had a long look at a slow cooker, supposed to work great for using glycol antifreeze to boil engines/mufflers to remove goo as mentioned..
vinver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #13
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Jeff.S

Total Props: 10
Red face Re: Caught Taking House Items For The Shop

I thought I'd try my luck building a Mousse can muffler for an engine. Soo, I took can from the wash room not thinking it was a big deal. Who would miss one can of maybe ten. Apperently, "I took the best and most expensive can. That you have to buy from a hair salon". She would never noticed except, I dumped the product in the garbage and tipped her off. I tried to blame the kids but to no avail. Then the fight started!!! I hope this Mousse can doesn't work for me because I would hate to go through that episode again.
BansheeBoy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #14
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Ross T
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 4

I found out that the fancy rotary cutters my better half uses work really really good on Monocoat and any other covering material.............too bad she caught me....the blades are pricey...........
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!
"Do or do not...there is no try"
roscoe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #15
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Yep learned rather quickly in the early days about the wrath of she who must be obeyed when you borrow her favorite pair of panty hose to use as an emergency paint strainer. Wont do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was pissed no only did I use the darn things to strain paint of all things but I cut off the legs to make it easier to work with. DUUUUUHHHHH as if she was going to use them after I strained the paint with them. How was I to know they were her favorite they all look the same bunched up in the drawer. Now if there was a tag or something that said “Favorite Do Not Use To Strain Paint" I could understand her being so upset.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #16
I am: Cedric V.

Total Props: 1

I too bought the Starfrit scale from C/T and she wanted to steal it, so I had to go and buy her one too! Well, $10!!
Constantly steal the P-C Heavy Duty shrink-wrap and have it whipped back!
Spitball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
JR 12x
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 12

had to give that antifreeze thing a go ,told mama I will buy her a new slow cooker LOL.tried it on some pipes & hedders from my cars , this stuff was baked on big time but 12 hr on low heat and it came out cleen as a will be removing CA from some tires .I heard you turn the oven to 400 then shut it off and bake wheel till oven is cool and the CA will release .better do this one when mama's not home LOL.great tip on the parts washer used it in the antifreeze for all the small exhaust springs .smart bunch them modelers.Roger
RAMJET is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #18
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 5

My wife (and I) have and breed Golden Retreavers, and she has a wonderful supply of sissors for grooming the hounds for dog shows and such, I was informed one day that the sissors I had chosen to cut some fiberglass cloth cost over a hundred skins...yikes, she was not impressed.

Bill......AKA "WW"
MAAC 46039
WOW 2000 POSTS...WOW...I need a hobby...wait...I have a hobby!
canadianf1pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #19
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Hmmm, I guess the crock pot is the biggie in this thread. I too have had to replace one of those. We had two so I took the smallest, oldest looking one. It had to be that someone dear to her had given it to her years ago and of all damn things, it has some kind of sentamental value to her....ouch!

Knives, spoons, forks, a spaggetti strainer, a pair of tongs, sissors, all available for the taking, at least I thought, until she lowered the boom on me.

The worse one though was I borrowed her matt cutting board she uses for sewing, to cut some fabric for a project I was working on and inadvertantly set my covering iron on the end, hot of course, melting it somewhat. The argument that most of it was still good/uesable didn't fly an inch! She really freaked on me with that one. Went to the fabric store the next day and bought her a new one. Damn those things are expensive!

NOW the onus is on me to prove my innocense whenever she finds the slightest mark on a piece of furniture, to prove it wasn't me!!

Moddling is a wonderful hobby but boy, it can sure have its downside at times!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26

Originally Posted by Dug99 View Post
My wife got a new crock pot (not from me) for Christmas so I got the old one. I hear they are good for cleaning the brown castor gunk off glow engines.
They certainly are, out in the garage or back yard. Hot coolant stinks.
It will also take the paint off OS LA blue engines.
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.