RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.D.s (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   anyone still flying nitro powered S.P.A.D.S." (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=562609)

thatguymatt 05-17-2018 10:46 PM

anyone still flying nitro powered S.P.A.D.S."

I have been having loads of fun flying my "og" Dave McDonald pizza box. is there any other nitro SPAD flyers still around? lets here what type of SPADS your flying these days.

hugh m 05-18-2018 07:16 AM

Re: anyone still flying nitro powered S.P.A.D.S."

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Matt
Have been flying this hybrid for a couple of years.
Someone gave me the wings.
Tail is off an old florio 40 I crashed.
OS 50 ax on the front.
Snaky flier due to the short couple and close wing space.
Does a smokin' flat spin!!
Hugh

chuebner 05-18-2018 08:56 AM

My brother and I both fly Streamer Combat with Spad to the Bone Saturday Night Specials. They both have Evolution .45 TPS engines on them. They are a blast to fly and tough as nails. :Happy_Dance:

Arceenut 05-18-2018 09:36 AM

I am mostly 4 stroke engines and I had a few 2 strokes doing nothing. Have built 3 SN specials with OS Max 40FPs and plan to have combat flights with my buddies as soon as the field dries out enough to fly

jsparky 05-18-2018 07:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguymatt (Post 3611729)
I have been having loads of fun flying my "og" Dave McDonald pizza box. is there any other nitro SPAD flyers still around? lets here what type of SPADS your flying these days.

I think I am building one... not sure if it is a spad any more though

Thunder Chicken 05-19-2018 10:10 PM

I sure am! The current is a floatplane, downspout fuse, using my kadet senior wing, old floats from who knows what, and an OS61. Flies like a ton of bricks but it’s fun. Have a combat type 46 powered thing I throw into the air every now and then too! Gotta say I do enjoy the spads probably more than anything else just cause theres no fear in crashing! It’s fun pushing the limits 🙂

AJCoholic 05-20-2018 07:11 AM

Im not flying any right now, but I dabbled with several over the years. Some well known like the pqhor, pizzabox, a few more traditional style... then a series of my own profiles using Coro and foam together.

Once my son starts asking to fly Im sure well get a spad built. Debonair flies well - as good as any balsa trainer imo.

beacub 05-21-2018 07:26 PM

i have built a number of Debonair spads over the years. Just a month ago the last one went to a new pilot. Was running a K&B 45 that he had from his grandpa. Was seized from sitting but got running for him. He plans on flying it this summer. Will have to make another. great little trainer.

beacub 05-21-2018 07:29 PM

I built a mustang once but someone liked it so much they bought it from me before I got it finished. A lot of work so I was glad they wanted the challenge. Don't know if they ever finished it.

beacub 05-21-2018 07:30 PM

Flew most of my Debonair's Electric though.