RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Kraken 580 - Flight 105 - 4651T issue
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #7
toonieroll
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX8 G2
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 23
Re: Kraken 580 - Flight 105 - 4651T issue

Thanks again for all of the inputs. Keep us updated on your findings Steve.

I literally crashed in a farmer's field. I don't think it was wifi or tv boxes. We do hundreds of flights in the same area. Occasionally there is a glitch but it certainly isn't a common thing.

I did have another look at my grounding wire. I am now questioning if it was really working. I may not have taken enough paint off the tail plate to make good contact. When I tested it was from the wire to the motor and not from the tail shaft to the motor. Retesting from the motor to the tail shaft showed nonconductivity.
I have sanded some more of the paint off the plate and now have conductivity. Another member of the club lost a 580 Kraken and concluded it was because of tail belt static. I will definitely keep an eye on the frame losses investigate further if I see them high again. As mentioned previously, I don't see double-digit frame losses on my other helicopters, or on prior flights with the 580, so something was going wrong.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.