★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Scott
Radio of choice:
Futaba 10C 2.4
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 23
Re: Se5a

Willy,
My thread showed that I tried to replicated William Avery Bishops A'8936 Se5. I used Humbrol #109 WW1 blue and Humbrol #34 white. The top of the model was covered in olive drab Solartex and then streaked with colour matched Behr Ultra Premium Latex. This has been slightly darkened down by the satin clear coat I used, Minwax Polycrylic. The underside is linen coloured Solartex streaked with colour matched latex paint. I use a 3" brush with several bristles missing to give the streaky effect.
Documenting colour on a WW1 model is difficult as there are no colour photos of when they were in service. There are a few "original" examples but you will find that even these have been restored changing the original colours. The blue nose.. red nose squadron colours only lasted a few months as they were disallowed by RAF/RFC. My suggestion is find some pics/artist renditions and supporting documentation and go from there.

Scott

MAAC 23964
MAAC AZD Alberta, Scale Committee CH
NWSAM Alberta Rep.
Edmonton Radio Control Society (ERCS)

Futaba "The only way to fly"
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.