RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Extended Road Trip?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #19
lazyace
RCC Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 8
Re: Extended Road Trip?

Well we left on the morning of the 25 of June and made a run straight to Peterborough where I met with a fellow modeler and picked up an 80 inch Zlin 526 new in the box. Then we ran straight to Ivy Lea park to camp for the night. We crossed over to the US the next morning and started looking for the flying fields along the way that I had copied from the AMA site with GPS co-ordinates. Their co-ordinates must be different from ours because I was only able to locate two of the several sites I had listed. Both sites were in someones back yard no answer to the phone contact so I did not want to attempt to enter without permission.

New Brunswick and Nova Scotia better gps co-ordinates found a couple of sites on the way one I actually met up with a fellow but he was there to fly his FPV quad and the field was to soggy to fly any of my models from so after visiting we left to continue on the trip.

Ferry over to Port Aux Basque and did the western peninsula and it rained, fog and no sunshine for a week all the way up to St Anthony's. Looking to post some pics but any local wifi is limited and slow. My data will get used up pretty fast if I try to use it to post much.

Sitting in Terra-Nova park for a few days. Hoping to be able to post some pics and possibly videos later.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.