RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - What do you think of this deal?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
Propworn
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 264
Re: What do you think of this deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlocker View Post
Thanks for the lengthy reply! I have a 2.4ghz system that I'll put in here if I get it. I was talking to him today and he said he can turn the motor and he could feel compression. So if the airframe's good then I think I'll pick it up. Should I bring my own tx/rx and battery to test the servos? Or is that not necessary?
Experienced guys will tell you the airframe is worth next to nothing as is the old equipment inside. Here is how I look at it. Is it built at least as good as a similar size ARF? If its kit built and looks well built even better. Now what would you pay for an ARF that size? As for the electronics inside I personally prefer to install my own stuff because I know what I will be getting. Remember the electronics are the last control you have with your model. The engine well in case of a flame out I can glide back to the field. I would remove it from the airframe and get it running perfect on an engine stand. Then when I put it in the airframe if it runs different then I have to address what has caused the change.

The most important consideration, does the purchase make you happy. After all you are in the hobby to please yourself not everyone else.

I just purchased a 80 inch span Zlin 526 ARF new in the box for near retail price. Why, its no longer made, I love the airplane how it flys and the cost is not as important to how much I will enjoy it when its finished.

Dennis
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.