Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 128
Re: Fs pricing rant!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobladeprop View Post
OHHH I see. So this e-bay then..
Haggling has been around a lot longer than e-bay

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobladeprop View Post
Let's talk money.. And hopefully some common sense. When you go buy a new vehicle off the lot, you sign the papers and drive away. Most of us have done this, right? Well then I'm sure you also aware that the price of that vehicle drops by as much as 35%. Now believe me I realize the RC community is not the vehicle industry. I have been looking threw all the FS classifieds, and 75% of the items in there are at almost new prices. It doesn't matter if it is brand new, you can not expect to get next to the price you paid. Want your item to sell? Then price it as such.. People from far and wide come to these online sites in browse forums for deals.. Not next to new prices.. And how many of these items are posted by some store owner or distributor? End Rant....
this issue gets raised here on RCC two or three times a year I would think. Bottom line is, the market will dictate the price, it is the sellers right to list at whatever price he wishes and likewise the potential buyer can negotiate or pass. What's not fair is guys that have absolutely NO interest in buying anything trolling the thread slamming the OP's pricing. The serious guys will negotiate behind the scenes the way it should be done.
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
williame3590
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: William A
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
this issue gets raised here on RCC two or three times a year I would think. Bottom line is, the market will dictate the price, it is the sellers right to list at whatever price he wishes and likewise the potential buyer can negotiate or pass. What's not fair is guys that have absolutely NO interest in buying anything trolling the thread slamming the OP's pricing. The serious guys will negotiate behind the scenes the way it should be done.
Best response yet +1

Bill

Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
pittsflyer111b
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bob W
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18QQ

Total Props: 7

I know many times I would like to make an offer closer to what the item is "worth" but the difference is so far that I don't want to insult the seller by making a low ball offer.

As a seller it really upsets me when I offer a reasonable price for an item I am selling and then someone comes in and really low balls it. It seems that sometimes the people making the offer haven't researched what is being offered. I've had items listed at 50% of replacement value (not including labour to assemble) and people still low ball. I will sometimes counter and sometimes simply pass. When buying, I will always do a little research before making an offer. It is new price, I pass. If I wanted to pay new or near new prices, I would support my local hobby shop instead.

Bob
pittsflyer111b is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #15
Mit
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mitch L
Radio of choice:
Walkera Devo
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

So true on hobby shop, except that local hobby shops can't come near the price from say HK. So (I have an HK motor for sale) when you sell at the price you bought, but include shipping, it's still cheaper than LHS
Mit is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
bhughes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: brodie h
Radio of choice:
Graupner mz 24
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
here here
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #17
Arceenut
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 46

My dislike is when I try to sell something and price it reasonably, someone offers ridiculous low price. I say 'no thank you'. Then the buyer gets all bent out of shape because I didn't counter offer. I do research and put a quite reasonable price on most things I sell and if they don't like the price they don't have to buy. On the other hand if I am buying something, I will make a reasonable offer and if the seller doesn't want to let it go for that and we are not too far apart, we can negotiate. If someone prices their item too high I don't bother making an offer that would insult him.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
Hinckley Bill
RCC Contributor

I am: Bill L
Radio of choice:
18 Mz
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 1

My standard response to low ball offers is....

"Appreciate your interest but my charities only include my church and my self"
Hinckley Bill is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in