Petition for resignation - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

View Poll Results: Should the ZD and Safety Officer Resign
YES 38 65.52%
NO 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #11
HAL9KPCM
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 56
Re: Petition for resignation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
My nickel. I feel this issue should be between the club, MAAC and people in question and “dirty laundry”not needed to be aired in public. If there are issues between any chairman or directors that should be resolved by the parties concerned .
+ a million!

My Heli: Futaba 18MZ 2x(JR GSR260Z Sports FBL, Zenoah G26H, Futaba CGY750 Gyro, Futaba BLS-351 cyclic, BLS-251 tail, Futaba BLS-451 Throttle. Gryphon voltage regulator).
HAL9KPCM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #12
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 23

Everyone should be able to state or explain there position. When they use facts and knowledge that disarms most. When a person isn’t able to then the conversation becomes one sided.
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #13
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Flyboy 1

Total Props: 19

I would think all MAAC members should be concerned of what is happening at the BRCM club. If it can happen to a long standing club like ours, it can happen anywhere with any field.

Last edited by 4stripes; 09-08-2019 at 01:46 AM.
4stripes is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
Dcheck
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill A
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

This is a forum, a place to post and debate ideas. Why should MAAC be excluded, if the comments where complimentary everyone would be OK with that, why does criticizing MAAC become dirty laundry? I agree no personal comments, but, if someone is not doing there job, or acting outside there authority the issue needs to be raised.
Dcheck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #15
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Of course admins can close a thread. The question is: When? At what point is someones right to free speech trumped by someone else's right to be offended?

These forums are for people to share their ideas and express their opinion. If done in a reasonable manner, there is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, or maybe even a grievance and airing it here on the forums.

Where personal attacks are made maliciously, we will either a) ask the person to edit their post or b) remove the offensive post. If a person still continues to make malicious personal attacks after being advised to tone it down or complain about the facts of the matter and not the person, then that person may be temporarily banned.

In any case, the admins have to balance the right to have a discussion that may be sensitive to some people versus the right to someone to demand a thread be closed because they don't agree with the subject. Do we bend the knee to anyone that insists a thread be closed because they demand it? For whatever reason solely based on their opinion? Maybe other's can provide their opinion on this question. In most cases, the thread in question runs down on its own after everyone involved has had a chance to express their opinion. If the discourse is expressed in a straight-forward and factual manner, there is no need to intervene. The thread will die off eventually. Again, my 2C. If you have a difference of opinion, please speak up and let us know if there is a better method or how you would do it so that it is fair to everyone that has something to say.
In this era of snowflakes and the ever-shrinking ability to engage in free speech, and there is some major irony that social media is proving to be an enemy of free speech, ...... but it is heartening to read the above post and see that there are still some out that understand the concept. Thank you.

That said, although MAAC Directors don't generally participate in these discussions, let there be little doubt most are reading, or some of their friends are reading, and subsequently are obtaining perspective/opinion/information they might not otherwise have known or had access to.

MAAC always needs to look at all issues from a national perspective.

As an example, IF precedent is set that the odd "loss of orientation" figure 9 maneuver is grounds to shut down a site......... ??? ..... that should be worrisome to all clubs.

IF there is personal politics at play in any such decision....... that should be worrisome to all clubs. If Directors have gained access to supporting documents through this public discussion on RCC relating to possible conflict of interest, would that be proof this discussion has been valuable? Yes? No?...

The fact that there currently is no "appeal" process for any club closure decision .......... should be worrisome to all clubs and seems a perfect reason to prepare and submit formal "resolution" proposal at various AZM's to modify MAAC's bylaws to add such a process.

Making the general membership aware of this situation seems a glaring example of why this public discussion is valuable? Yes? No?

IMHO
Sharpy01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #16
CarlC
RCC Expert Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsparky View Post
Petition for resignation of ZD Roy Rymer and Safety Officer David Cummings

In light of the information that has been coming out recently concerning the exit of the Bronte field from MAAC. It would appear that the above mentioned names have acted in bad faith on behalf of MAAC.

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/sho...d.php?t=582635

Conduct unbecoming
Breach of Trust
Failure of separation in a conflict of interest
Collusion
Abuse of Office

1. If, and it appears this silliness is in regards to the thread titled: "MAAC now closing club fields", I have to ask myself why I would even lightly entertain the concept of questioning these very hard working and dedicated MAAC reps. by signing an unsound petition?

2. Why is credibility being given to a member who seems to be (IMO) using multiple "ghost" accounts to start and boost a thread in an attempt to besmirch MAAC reps who are doing their jobs well? And they ARE doing them well indeed. Unfortunately it seems to have rubbed some the wrong way. He needs to stop embarrassing himself and call it a day.

3. so.... NO!

Carl C
MAAC#: 44232-L AZD CM
IMAC#: 7551 (Noob)
CarlC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #17
CarlC
RCC Expert Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Carl C
Old 09-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #18
JoeT
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: JoeT
Radio of choice:
Was a Horusist (is that a word)? Now an X20ist
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 42

Hi Carl,

You must have spoken to the 2 people that this thread is about.

Because I am not Hollywood Bob, nor am I Mike Block aka Luv2fkyrc.

See why we dont trust those folks.
My links are in my signature and it's easy to see who I am. LoL

I love conspiracy theorists.. hahahaha

Specially when they sit on the MAAC board.
JoeT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #19
JoeT
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: JoeT
Radio of choice:
Was a Horusist (is that a word)? Now an X20ist
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
1. If, and it appears this silliness is in regards to the thread titled: "MAAC now closing club fields", I have to ask myself why I would even lightly entertain the concept of questioning these very hard working and dedicated MAAC reps. by signing an unsound petition?

2. Why is credibility being given to a member who seems to be (IMO) using multiple "ghost" accounts to start and boost a thread in an attempt to besmirch MAAC reps who are doing their jobs well? And they ARE doing them well indeed. Unfortunately it seems to have rubbed some the wrong way. He needs to stop embarrassing himself and call it a day.

3. so.... NO!
Quoted to preserve.
JoeT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #20
CarlC
RCC Expert Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Hi Carl,

You must have spoken to the 2 people that this thread is about.

Because I am not Hollywood Bob, nor am I Mike Block aka Luv2fkyrc.

See why we dont trust those folks.
My links are in my signature and it's easy to see who I am. LoL

I love conspiracy theorists.. hahahaha

Specially when they sit on the MAAC board.
...Okay... pretty sure I didn't mention even one of those 3 accounts (at least) by name, also pretty sure if you go refresh your memory "JoeT" isn't an account that was used to open the thread in question. ...

Carl C

Last edited by CarlC; 09-10-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in