Upcoming Zone E election - Page 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 11-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #81
CarlC
RCC Expert Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 14
Re: Upcoming Zone E election

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
Sounds like a stalling tactic so he has more time to collect proxies. He knows the number you have so all he has to do is solicit more than you and he's in like flint.

I have gone to AZM and AGM meetings with proxies and had to fill in the date never have these been questioned even by the constitutional chair at the AGM who registered my proxies.

Wow what does the BOD say about this?

Do you have the numbers of proxies?

Dennis
Dennis.

I was there and I had helped canvass proxies for the ZD. Our Middle E Zone Director had in excess of 3 times the proxies that Mr. Grainger Brought. Make no mistake or delusions the only person who needed to, and continues to play games was NOT the current ZD.

ALSO:
Leaving a signed document incomplete with the intent of modifying it later is the epitome of unethical practice, it doesn't get more serious than that. There is no chance at all that it has ever been normal practice by anyone with ethics.

Altering legal signed documents in any way without a further signature by the original author, is illegal and unethical everywhere in Canada coast to coast. No group's bylaws no matter how twisted one's interpretation, may usurp Canadian law.

I'd use great discretion before admitting doing so on a public forum. Your honest handling of actual legal documents could now be held into question forever.

I know that my club's fields will be once again attacked because I've chirped in here but what is right is right, so I had to weigh in.

Carl C 44232-L

Carl C
MAAC#: 44232-L AZD CM
IMAC#: 7551 (Noob)

Last edited by CarlC; 11-01-2020 at 11:25 AM.
CarlC is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #82
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: jeff
Radio of choice:
Taranis plus FrSky Horusist
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 27

Quote:
Sounds like a stalling tactic so he has more time to collect proxies. He knows the number you have so all he has to do is solicit more than you and he's in like flint.
All proxies are now invalid and everything has to start over from the beginning

Quote:
Wow what does the BOD say about this?
I have sent out an email outlining what happened and just waiting to see if I get a response

Quote:
Do you have the numbers of proxies for each side?
I was told a number greater than mine.. if that was the case, I don't know why he would have invalidated all of them including his..
The Cat is Back !

The two stupidest answers in the world are !!

JUST BECAUSE and
THAT IS THE WAY WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT.
jsparky is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #83
Hollywood Bob
RCC Apprentice

I am: Bob L
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post

Dennis.

I was there and I had helped canvass proxies for the ZD. Our Middle E Zone Director had in excess of 3 times the proxies that Mr. Grainger Brought. Make no mistake or delusions the only person who needed to, and continues to play games was NOT the current ZD.

ALSO:
Leaving a signed document incomplete with the intent of modifying it later is the epitome of unethical practice, it doesn't get more serious than that. There is no chance at all that it has ever been normal practice by anyone with ethics.

Altering legal signed documents in any way without a further signature by the original author, is illegal and unethical everywhere in Canada coast to coast. No group's bylaws no matter how twisted one's interpretation, may usurp Canadian law.

I'd use great discretion before admitting doing so on a public forum. Your honest handling of actual legal documents could now be held into question forever.

I know that my club's fields will be once again attacked because I've chirped in here but what is right is right, so I had to weigh in.

Carl C 44232-L
I call BS. If the ZD truly had 3 times the votes he would have let the meeting continue and won. The problem was the vast majority of the ZD’s “proxies” were not valid as they were not signed MAAC proxies... they were obtained via his email solicitation of zone members for votes. None of them were signed and could not be validated.

All of the challengers proxies were given to MAAC for authentication prior to the meeting as it was suspected the ZD would pull a fast one.
Hollywood Bob is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:47 PM   #84
Dcheck
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Bill A
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

From what I've seen over the last few months I'm not surprised that this election was contentous. The BOD would have been wise to make sure the election rules were clear beforehand. And had a member of the Board on hand to observe.
Now what? Were the votes and proxies secured for later review? Or have they been destroyed? Does the present ZD continue on a hung vote? Or does he step aside until the mess is sorted out? Many many questions.
I will be writing the MAAC President suggesting a quick review and resolution to this, and a clarification, or a rewrite of the bylaws to make things clear.
Dcheck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:59 PM   #85
mikeferguson
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mike F
Radio of choice:
Tactic
# of RCs: 45

Total Props: 12

And I thought this coming Tuesday was going to be a cluster fuk.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #86
CarlC
RCC Expert Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Bob View Post
I call BS. If the ZD truly had 3 times the votes he would have let the meeting continue and won. The problem was the vast majority of the ZD’s “proxies” were not valid as they were not signed MAAC proxies... they were obtained via his email solicitation of zone members for votes. None of them were signed and could not be validated.

All of the challengers proxies were given to MAAC for authentication prior to the meeting as it was suspected the ZD would pull a fast one.
You can call BS until the cows com home Mr. B. Those with their thinking caps on see you.

Carl C
Old 11-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #87
Mr Toad
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Bob View Post

Sorry - not so. The current ZD did have far more proxies in total, but they were being questioned because they were mainly electronic. Today that is considered acceptable, even by chartered banks, but that practice is not in the bylaws, so it could be contested. Mr Grainger's proxies were incomplete, despite the MAAC form stipulating that they had to be completed, and they were completed later which is illegal
If a proxy has no date, it could be held for years and then used. That is why date must be there at time of signing.
Both sides questioned proxies on technicalities.
The suggestion that, if Rymer had more proxies I would have let the vote continue, is again false and a suggestion that I would show favouritism. I do know Roy, I only just met Jeff. They are both MAAC members and I cannot say who is the better man. That is not the point. I was there to check proxies and try to ensure fairness. If one party was using a technicality to disqualify proxies, then the other party had an equal right.
Had I suggested that the vote be held (SUGGESTED - I was not there to give orders) the result would have been a contested mess regardless of who was deemed to have won. My SUGGESTION was that a new meeting with clearly defined proxies should be held, as that would be fair to all. BOTH PARTIES AGREED TO THIS WITHOUT ANY COERCION. Jeff and Roy were then asked to choose a new date without influence of interference from anyone. They chose Feb 20th. Like it or not, the playing field is now level. I realize that collecting proxies again is work for both sides, but each side will likely now be careful to ensure that all parameters are met. I can only say - on Feb 20th, LET THE BETTER MAN WIN.
Mr Toad is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:20 PM   #88
CarlC
RCC Expert Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad View Post
Sorry - not so. The current ZD did have far more proxies in total, but they were being questioned because they were mainly electronic. Today that is considered acceptable, even by chartered banks, but that practice is not in the bylaws, so it could be contested. Mr Grainger's proxies were incomplete, despite the MAAC form stipulating that they had to be completed, and they were completed later which is illegal
If a proxy has no date, it could be held for years and then used. That is why date must be there at time of signing.
Both sides questioned proxies on technicalities.
The suggestion that, if Rymer had more proxies I would have let the vote continue, is again false and a suggestion that I would show favouritism. I do know Roy, I only just met Jeff. They are both MAAC members and I cannot say who is the better man. That is not the point. I was there to check proxies and try to ensure fairness. If one party was using a technicality to disqualify proxies, then the other party had an equal right.
Had I suggested that the vote be held (SUGGESTED - I was not there to give orders) the result would have been a contested mess regardless of who was deemed to have won. My SUGGESTION was that a new meeting with clearly defined proxies should be held, as that would be fair to all. BOTH PARTIES AGREED TO THIS WITHOUT ANY COERCION. Jeff and Roy were then asked to choose a new date without influence of interference from anyone. They chose Feb 20th. Like it or not, the playing field is now level. I realize that collecting proxies again is work for both sides, but each side will likely now be careful to ensure that all parameters are met. I can only say - on Feb 20th, LET THE BETTER MAN WIN.
Thank You.

Carl C
Old 11-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #89
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 26

So "electronic" were valid. Does that mean unsigned? Surely the date missing is OK but unsigned is not. If the meeting is not known then there should be guidelines indicating the Annual Zone Meeting for YYYY" don't you think and someone in MAAC should have been smart enough to foresee that a long time ago. After all we see a lack of transparency due to "privacy, etc. etc." due to lawyer involvment, so why have the forms not been reviewed by a lawyer previously? Definitely sounds like a technicality used by the ZD. Whatever happened the arguments claiming it was all above board seem hollow.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #90
Mr Toad
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 1

I was very emphatic that the question of whether or not valid, applied to BOTH sides.

It was not my place to do anything other than to validate what I knew to be correct. That I did, and as I said, the playing field is now guaranteed to be level, which is what I wanted to see happen. We are not now in a series of wars and diatribe whilst everyone argues about points that would need to go to court for finalsolution. We now have two candidates having to do some work over again! Sorry, but I saw no other alternative than a new meeting and NODODY present at the meeting disagreed. Take note of that!
Mr Toad is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in