Anyone from Montreal? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:02 AM   #31
scream
RCC Apprentice

I am: ScreaM
Radio of choice:
Dx9
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0
Re: Anyone from Montreal?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
WOW!

So professional. A heli is not launched you moron; in law a word makes all the difference.

I asked you a legitimate question and this is how you respond? Based on your attitude what a great place wimac must be.

The fact is, my island is not part of Montreal, but logistics are clearly lost on you. I haven't consulted my law team in atleast a year, so either defend your claim that its illegal or STFU and admit that your just fear mongering people into membership.

Other option: put on some big boy pants and use your words. Let me help you get started.

Law
BYlaw

Notice how they are two separate words? I'd explain the difference to you if I had any confidence it wouldn't be time wasted.

Last edited by scream; 05-31-2017 at 08:20 AM.
scream is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #32
chrispol
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Chris
Radio of choice:
18Mz
# of RCs: 8+

Total Props: 6

All I can say is omg, you admit that you argued with the city about a bylaw which means it is illegal to use ANY RC vehicle in parks, yet you still believe you are in the right ..........

Wow must be special to be you........

Plus you noted the interim laws which actually do make these acts illegal

End of troll feeding

A bylaw is still a law and it can be enforced, just the fact that you would fly a 550 sized heli in a public park shows your intelligence.

Quote:
Municipal by-laws. ... The main difference between a by-law and a law passed by a national/federal or regional/state body is that a bylaw is made by a non-sovereign body, which derives its authority from another governing body, and can only be made on a limited range of matters.

Last edited by chrispol; 05-31-2017 at 08:25 AM.
chrispol is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:26 AM   #33
scream
RCC Apprentice

I am: ScreaM
Radio of choice:
Dx9
# of RCs: 4

Chris, did you miss the part where they told me it was no problem?

Or the part where I do 20+ g550 flights a week in front of their building since late April?

You still haven't added one piece of useful information to this conversation. IF you are trying to be useful then answer the question. You've written a lot of juvenile rubbish but the only troll in this thread is you!

The documents attached in this thread do no pertain to helicopters. IF there are any others, then enlighten us with your wisdom.

Last edited by scream; 05-31-2017 at 09:48 AM.
scream is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:23 PM   #34
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Mods will mod when the mood gets mad.

Take a breath, guys. Please.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #35
Tigron
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Dmitry
Radio of choice:
JR PCM9X
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 15

ScreaM,
Sorry to say, but in fact you are wrong. Any RC model (even a DLG glider or a RC car) is a motorized scale model.
Please don't mislead the people, who are going to enter the hobby.
You ScreaM (by the way, why you hide your real name?) was just lucky enough to meet kind good cops that day. But with this new law they have all the right to become bad cops.

When you fly your model illegally in a public place (park, square, parking, etc.) you risk:
  1. Loose you aircraft model and radio arrested;
  2. Pay up to $3000 CAD federal fine + fine for violating local bylaw;
  3. Pay much more for a lawyer and spend a lot of time in the court;
  4. Get a criminal record that will greatly affect your ability to find a good job, get credit, travel abroad (especially to the U.S.);
  5. No insurance will cover your risks, as no company insure you against a criminal act performed by purpose;
  6. Be permanently banned from MAAC and from ability to fly anything more than a paper plane in your cell.

This is up to you, how you manage your risks. I can accept the risk of spinning blades somewhere in the sky near me, but I can't accept a risk of being banned from the sky alive because of my own stupidity.

-------------------------------------

There is also a problem of very poorly written laws. For example:

Ottawa, ON park bylaw:
Quote:
5. SPORTS AND ACTIVITIES
10) No person shall operate a motor driven model airplane, helicopter, rocket or boat except in an area designated by the Director for that purpose.
Montreal, QC park bylaw:
Quote:
CHAPTER V USER BEHAVIOR AND ACTIVITIES
38. No person may operate motorized scale models or model rockets.
Do you see the difference, guys?! In fact even MAAC sanctioned events are forbidden in Montreal public parks. The park director who sanction such event can be easily sued for an excess of authority. And I'm going to ask this question from our zone director, as there are going to be a Canada Day Celebration with MAAC model exhibition and flights on July 1, 2017 in the Cote St Luc park (almost in the middle of the city of Montreal inside of a 9 km security zone of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport). Did they inform Transport Canada about this activity? Did they update NAV tables for a real aviation? Did they receive a confirmation and written permission for such activity both from Canada and local authorities?

Last edited by Tigron; 06-13-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Tigron is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:07 PM   #36
Tigron
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR PCM9X

Exhibitors Sought re Cote St Luc Canada Day July 1 2017

Guys,
A couple of weeks ago I have received a letter from MAAC.
Quote:
Exhibitors Sought re Cote St Luc Canada Day July 1 2017

For the 4th year MAAC will be participating in the Cote St Luc Canada day Celebrations to be held at Park Pierre Elliot Trudeau located at 6975 Mackle Road, Cote St Luc; H4W 1A5. The exhibit will be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
We are thus seeking modelers wishing to display their prize models to show interested persons what our hobby and passion is all about.
Please email your intention to exhibit to Steve Woloz MAAC St-Laurent Zone Director.
I will be there with my Forza and miniTitan. Hope to meet you there.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #37
Tigron
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR PCM9X

Guys,
This year MAAC again holding event for Canada Day on July 1 at Cote St Luc Park Pierre Elliott Trudeau: Diamond 1: Gary Carter Field.
Address: 6975 Mackle Road, Cote St Luc; H4W 1A5
From 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
This year more time to fly.

Also there will be Club Crash Héli Spectaculaire ( CCHS2018 ) from July 20 to 22. Will anybody go there?
Old 11-25-2018, 12:37 PM   #38
3DEagle
RCC Apprentice

I am: Ney Martes
Radio of choice:
Spektrum,FRSky
# of RCs: 3

Montreal in the house!!1 New here as well and trying to make a Sim group going if interested https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/sho...91&postcount=1
3DEagle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in