Looking for flying site van island bc - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-17-2020, 01:20 AM   #1
futabaflyer
RCC Apprentice

I am: david brandt
Radio of choice:
futaba/ hitec
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0
Looking for flying site van island bc

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello there I posted a few times about this subject before haven't gotten a lot of response thought I'd maybe try again looking for a place to fly my RC planes I've been flying since 1977 I don't do electrics or the annoying politics that get in the way of enjoying model Aviation I have my pilot rating through Maac have had since 1982 and I'm flying gassers and glow only absolutely no Electrics and I'm looking for like-minded people that may already have a flying site thank you have third scale Pitts I would like to fly also have 1/3 scale Super Cub and about 10 or 15 other planes I would like to fly and not interested in putting everything I own on floats I'm in Ladysmith thank you
futabaflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #2
Taz
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ted H

Total Props: 1
Re: Looking for flying site van island bc

Too bad you did not live in the Cariboo, we would welcome you with open arms.
Quesnel Radio Control Flyers
Old 10-17-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 22

BUT rather than a negative about the politics maybe post that you will contribute in some way to the operation of a club. People in our group who want no part of managing or politics often just indicate that they are available for mowing or whatever, occasionally.
That improves my attitude towards newcomers.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #4
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 44

Have you tried checking the MAAC zone H and pick your nearest club on the island ?
Might be worth a try .
stegl is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
futabaflyer
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
futaba/ hitec

Thank you to the posters that have mentioned joining a club I've done the club thing in the past and at this point in my life I'm just looking for a place to fly am a small engine mechanic welder machinist an electrician by trade and enjoy this hobby as I have since 1977 at the wapping age of 11 years old I am more than able and willing to contribute in Runway maintenance equipment maintenance Clubhouse building Etc I have a business in Ladysmith restoring and repairing motorcycles and power equipment and am pretty flexible with my time schedule I definitely would enjoy being able to contribute to make the hobby fun for all of us if someone on Vancouver Island has an idea I would definitely love to chat with you I am a 30-plus year model Aeronautics Association of Canada member have not renewed for a few years thank you for having a read enjoy your day and fly
Old 10-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #6
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Flyboy 1

Total Props: 12

You don’t do electrics? Might be worth trying but get some help to do it right and safely.
Funny. I have been a maac member longer than you and I have switched to only flying electrics.
They are miraculous. Not more mess or noise or smell. Nothing but reliable power.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:20 PM   #7
futabaflyer
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
futaba/ hitec

Thank you but I am looking for a place to fly on Vancouver Island where I don't have to deal with electric airplanes it's as simple as that if you have nothing to offer then don't bother contributing to the Post don't know why people always have to have something to say completely irrelevant of the post . I'm glad you've been a maac member longer than me I've been a member since 1983 or 84 whenever it was well good for you. you like electric energy I do not I am a inter-provincialy licensed mechanic I like engines not Motors and while we're on the subject of dealing with the smell that's kind of the whole point of it that's what it's about is that awesome smell of glow fuel the other nice thing about internal combustion engines is you kind of have to have a clue what you're doing to keep them running therefore it kind of eliminates the the people I would rather not deal with😛😛😛
Old 10-18-2020, 05:53 AM   #8
4stripes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Flyboy 1

Total Props: 12

Hey buddy. I know nitro as well. That was all we had in 1976.
My post is relevant to your OP.
Good luck finding like minded (one track mind) folks. You want to fly, you need to fit into today’s clubs.
Electrics are part of most clubs due to many reasons. The hobby would die without it along with the clubs.
Food for thought.
Be prepared, there are guys flying some pretty wonderful electric planes and they are even made from foam.
The world has changed.

Last edited by 4stripes; 10-18-2020 at 05:59 AM.
4stripes is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:44 AM   #9
mogman
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Dave C
Radio of choice:
DX-18
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 11

I'm not sure I understand your hatred for electric power.
If someone is flying electric, just ignore them, or wait 'till they've landed etc.

I don't think you're going to find a place where people fly and there isn't any e-powered planes.

If you are looking for a place to fly by yourself, well, good luck with that.

I think you're going about this with the wrong attitude, join a club, fit in with the other members and have fun...it's just a hobby, but good luck in finding what you're looking for.
mogman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #10
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 44

Ok guys , not an issue that some should be fighting with.

David:
With the advent of the new flying rules that Transport Canada came out with ; in the last few years , we are pretty much stuck with MAAC organized flying sites and being a MAAC member , to use the facility. About the only way around it is to own you own property and fly within the confines of that property with TC restrictions. It is getting tougher and tougher to operate models with IC engines and related sounds as society builds homes throughout the community .
Many clubs have to enforce sound restrictions to keep their flying sites .
stegl is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in