Do you have a MAAC field vailable to fly at? - Yes/No - Page 16 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

View Poll Results: I have a MAAC site to fly from
Yes 151 91.52%
No 14 8.48%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #151
CarlC
RCC Expert Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 9
Re: Do you have a MAAC field vailable to fly at? - Yes/No

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigron View Post
Carl,
Then when government will come and arrest your flying field for inappropriate use of pressures agricultural land, do not rush to MAAC for immediate assistance (possibly material). You are private club of grown up boys. You can stand you ground when needed.
Just when you go to take special permission from municipal government, it will be much easier to explain the guy, who is going to decide your club destiny and who is far from model aviation, that you educate new members not to violate Canadian airspace with reckless drones, then if you are just a dozen of old farts with their expensive toys, creating zero value for Canadian economy, because 90% of your toys are made in China.
... Actually 95% of what I own is hand built, here in Canada! I think you are somewhat combatant for no apparent reason. It's time for me exit this conversation since it seems impossible to relay mature common sense, or to have civil discourse.

Have a nice day I'm done trying to beat this dead horse.

Cheers!

Carl

Carl C
MAAC#: 44232-L
IMAC#: 7551 (Noob)

Last edited by CarlC; 07-29-2019 at 10:26 PM.
CarlC is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:37 AM   #152
kaylan
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Peter N
Radio of choice:
Dx 8+9

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK View Post
It has been suggested that I start a survey or poll here to give us an idea as to how many people on this site fly at a sanctioned MAAC flying field. My feeling is that there are a lot of modelers out there that do not have a MAAC field to fly at.

Let your situation be made known with or without a reason - your choice.

There are two groups that I think automatically come under the NO heading. That would be slope soarers and float flyers as they most often are found on public lands. Correct me if I am wrong please.
As the years end approaches the Ottawa Remote Control club is losing its field.
Prospects for a replacement field are not looking great, short notice doesn't help.
kaylan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #153
Niteowl
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Martin
Radio of choice:
9XR PRO,FrSky, BLOS LONG RANGE systems.

Total Props: 1

From a simple question to staying at home to beat your dead horse.
Thing to ponder, TC can pull any exempt and any time for whatever reason and there is nothing maac or any body can do. Then the fight will include everybody in a, not in a club, member or non-member.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #154
HUmPtyBUmP
RCC Apprentice

I am: Frank B.
Radio of choice:
FrSky
# of RCs: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
You do all realize 90% of us won't be around to see 90% of what 90% of the kooks soapbox about.

..........YUP!
HUmPtyBUmP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #155
Propworn
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 25

Some of the fellows that are complaining about closed clubs are from Quebec. I feel for them. They have a land use committee that has the authority and uses it liberally to close down clubs using agricultural land for their flying sites. Most clubs are/were located on a rented few acres of the farmers field and this committee was making a concerted effort to shut them down in favor of crop plantings. It took a combined effort of all concerned to get some relief from the heavy handedness of this oversight committee. As a result new fields are more difficult to attain and those that are in operation have become more selective in the recruitment of new members. Steps taken that the clubs feel will help them retain there field. Who can blame them for this and even for putting a cap on the membership if it increases the chance of survival.

This is from a province that has a language/signage police were even road signage on the Trans Canada from New Brunswick to Ontario are in French only leaving the rest of the Canadian travelers to guess at what is written. That is one of the reasons I bypass the province when traveling to the east coast by traveling via the US. When I have to travel through Quebec I just try and spend as little time and money there as possible.

Its not because of the people because I have never had a poor experience with the general residence of the province its simply the politics and policy's of the provincial government.

Due to a few items I purchased during my month stay in Newfoundland the US Canadian border would have been more bother than passing through Quebec. Sad to say the policy's/politics does not seemed to have changed since last visit.

Dennis
Propworn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:13 PM   #156
futabaflyer
RCC Apprentice

I am: david brandt
Radio of choice:
futaba/ hitec
# of RCs: 15

Going to start off by saying hello old Prairie redneck we have chatted in the past anyway back to your question since moving to Vancouver Island I have not been able to find a place where proper RC planes are welcomed i e gas burning and Nitro burning as that's what model airplanes are supposed to be powered by I lived in Alberta for 25 years was a member of Foothills flyers for a very long time and usually in the summer I travelled around and went to visit different fields and always was welcomed and always had a good time went to events like the valley of Hope fun fly and things like that and had a great time . my experience in BC has not been great I look forward to one day when the economy returns to benefit the working people and I will return to Alberta and be able to fly at the fields I flown at trouble free I do believe there are clubs here on Vancouver Island I've just had a hard time really meeting anybody. So far A little different living here even when you are from here originally different crowd of people I found the people in Alberta much more welcoming
futabaflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:01 PM   #157
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 22

16.5 years in Calgary. Now 21 years in BC. Other years in Sask and Manitoba.
People are different in each province. One word of advice. Don't mention Alberta unless you are asked and then keep it short and you will be more welcome.
Each province is its own experience and of course you can't lump everyone together.
Also remember what is called concrete in Man, Sask, Alta is cement in BC.
BC'ers can't understand that cement is part of concrete!(joke)
4*60 is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #158
cast-away
RCC Contributor

I am: Warren G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 5

David,

Your comment [QUOTE][ I have not been able to find a place where proper RC planes are welcomed i e gas burning and Nitro burning as that's what model airplanes are supposed to be powered byQUOTE] is very closed minded. You have started another thread with a similar statement looking to join a club in BC. If you are verabilzing this to potential clubs you are likely turning them off.

There are pros and cons to all three forms of RC flying, electric planes being one option. If you wanted to join my club I would not care what form you fly, however, if you were quite negative about one of them, I would likey not want you in my club.

Just my two cents worth.
cast-away is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #159
cast-away
RCC Contributor

I am: Warren G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 5

David,

Your comment [QUOTE][ I have not been able to find a place where proper RC planes are welcomed i e gas burning and Nitro burning as that's what model airplanes are supposed to be powered byQUOTE] is very closed minded. You have started another thread with a similar statement looking to join a club in BC. If you are verabilzing this to potential clubs you are likely turning them off.

There are pros and cons to all three forms of RC flying, electric planes being one option. If you wanted to join my club I would not care what form you fly, however, if you were quite negative about one of them, I would likey not want you in my club.

Just my two cents worth.
cast-away is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in