Petition for resignation - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

View Poll Results: Should the ZD and Safety Officer Resign
YES 35 64.81%
NO 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #21
CarlC
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 4
Re: Petition for resignation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
1. If, and it appears this silliness is in regards to the thread titled: "MAAC now closing club fields", I have to ask myself why I would even lightly entertain the concept of questioning these very hard working and dedicated MAAC reps. by signing an unsound petition?

2. Why is credibility being given to a member who seems to be (IMO) using multiple "ghost" accounts to start and boost a thread in an attempt to besmirch MAAC reps who are doing their jobs well? And they ARE doing them well indeed. Unfortunately it seems to have rubbed some the wrong way. He needs to stop embarrassing himself and call it a day.

3. so.... NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Quoted to preserve.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #22
pappy
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Steve S
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 10

First of all, I feel terrible for the members of the club that have lost their field. It would be devastating for any club in any area. I would think that MAAC is not in the business of closing down their own affiliated flying sites and their action is justified. I agree that there should be an appeal process to ensure that all strategies and avenues to keep the field operating, have been examined.(regardless of personal opinion)How hard could it be? Since this has become very public and possibly damaging to individuals and MAAC as a whole, I feel it is appropriate to hear an explanation from the organization that represents all members. I would hope that an investigation is being conducted and the results communicated to the membership. It needs to be resolved to alleviate obvious concerns. I fail to see how this poll could possibly carry any weight. Just my opinion.- Steve
G.P 330S 27% / DA 50
PAGE 1/4 GEE BEE R2 / DLE 40T
HOSTETLER 30% CESSNA 152/ DA 50
SIG 1/4 PIPER CUB/ SAITO FG 30B
ZIROLI 1/4 DR1/ZENOAH G38.
MAAC 35960
pappy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #23
CarlC
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
First of all, I feel terrible for the members of the club that have lost their field. It would be devastating for any club in any area. I would think that MAAC is not in the business of closing down their own affiliated flying sites and their action is justified. I agree that there should be an appeal process to ensure that all strategies and avenues to keep the field operating, have been examined.(regardless of personal opinion)How hard could it be? Since this has become very public and possibly damaging to individuals and MAAC as a whole, I feel it is appropriate to hear an explanation from the organization that represents all members. I would hope that an investigation is being conducted and the results communicated to the membership. It needs to be resolved to alleviate obvious concerns. I fail to see how this poll could possibly carry any weight. Just my opinion.- Steve
SPOT ON!

Old 09-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #24
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 46

Without having a proper system to process the closing of a field , Not only can any club find themselves at the mercy of a a poor judgement call . MAAC members stand to be wrongly accused for actions that may actually be justifiable .. The way I see it ,the system they have now doesn't work for either side ..
Old 09-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #25
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: jeff
Radio of choice:
Taranis plus FrSky Horusist
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 19

One evening I was at a club function with my wife when I was approached by one of the MAAC members... First off.. it was completely inappropriate for this person to have approached me in the first place. Second, the person must have gone to a lot of trouble to find me. this person desperately tried to convince me of how badly I was hurting MAAC.. and outright made the claim that luv2flyrc and holywoodbob where the same person and that possibly JoeT was maybe another " ghost " account.. This person talked so much I couldn't get a word in..

Claimed to have the right information that would show things in a different perspective. and agreed to give me a copy.. What they had was exactly the same information that has already been published.. nothing different.

I finally managed to ask some questions on my own.. If Bronte was so bad.. why was it not dealt with 5 years ago or even 10..

Why now?? and why like this..

Another thing that I can not seem to ignore is the letter of support from the manager at the park.. hmmm ??

Many questions and no answers..

This person also made the claim that the people at bronte vandalized their own equipment to make MAAC members look bad.

Well people do strange things for strange reasons.. I can not make comment on this since I was not there and have no knowledge of it.. other than to see the pictures.

The picture of the turbine flying looks kind of grainy and dated.. there is no way of looking at the background of the picture to confirm that it was taken at bronte and when. so we only have the word of one person saying this.

The near fatal accident at bronte was about a plane that came down " near the pool " area.. no mention of the type or exact location.. One persons idea of " near fatal " and another of a model getting out of control , are two things..

A buddy's big ugly stick crashed 50 feet from me one day while I was in the pit area.. was this a near fatal accident or a model that had mechanical failure.. Is this a safety issues worthy of closing a club ??

I helped him clean up the mess..

If this club was indeed operating in violation of safety issues , then why could a compromise not have been worked out to limit the size of the aircraft at the field.. and life moves on..

I was also informed that this particular MAAC member has joined the club I was at.. along with a couple of others?? considering the distance and the membership fee.. this would seem a little out of place for this person to do..

I would certainly hope that they are not there to cause trouble in the club for me.. as this would certainly not put them in a good position where this poll is concerned.. And would most certainly prove collusion of MAAC members to harass clubs and people.. remove the thorn from their side so to speak.

While talking with the MAAC member , I just for the sake of seeing the response I would get.. But !!

I said .. Well maybe I should just run for ZD .. I could run in a couple of areas since I am a member at a couple of clubs..

The response I got was exactly what I expected..

Oh it is a lot of work and yada yada yada

Guess it is not really the sort of thing for me.. Hmmmm !!! really ??
The Cat is Back !

The two stupidest answers in the world are !!

JUST BECAUSE and
THAT IS THE WAY WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT.
jsparky is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #26
JoeT
RCC Master Contributor

I am: JoeT
Radio of choice:
Was a Futabaist, Now a Horusist (is that a word)?
# of RCs: 5

I'd vote for you.
JoeT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #27
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
I'd vote for you.
Next year buddy.. the elections..

that is one..
The Cat is Back !

JUST BECAUSE and
Old 09-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #28
Hollywood Bob
RCC Noob

I am: Bob
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsparky View Post
One evening I was at a club function with my wife when I was approached by one of the MAAC members... First off.. it was completely inappropriate for this person to have approached me in the first place. Second, the person must have gone to a lot of trouble to find me. this person desperately tried to convince me of how badly I was hurting MAAC.. and outright made the claim that luv2flyrc and holywoodbob where the same person and that possibly JoeT was maybe another " ghost " account.. This person talked so much I couldn't get a word in..

Claimed to have the right information that would show things in a different perspective. and agreed to give me a copy.. What they had was exactly the same information that has already been published.. nothing different.

I finally managed to ask some questions on my own.. If Bronte was so bad.. why was it not dealt with 5 years ago or even 10..

Why now?? and why like this..

Another thing that I can not seem to ignore is the letter of support from the manager at the park.. hmmm ??

Many questions and no answers..

This person also made the claim that the people at bronte vandalized their own equipment to make MAAC members look bad.

Well people do strange things for strange reasons.. I can not make comment on this since I was not there and have no knowledge of it.. other than to see the pictures.

The picture of the turbine flying looks kind of grainy and dated.. there is no way of looking at the background of the picture to confirm that it was taken at bronte and when. so we only have the word of one person saying this.

The near fatal accident at bronte was about a plane that came down " near the pool " area.. no mention of the type or exact location.. One persons idea of " near fatal " and another of a model getting out of control , are two things..

A buddy's big ugly stick crashed 50 feet from me one day while I was in the pit area.. was this a near fatal accident or a model that had mechanical failure.. Is this a safety issues worthy of closing a club ??

I helped him clean up the mess..

If this club was indeed operating in violation of safety issues , then why could a compromise not have been worked out to limit the size of the aircraft at the field.. and life moves on..

I was also informed that this particular MAAC member has joined the club I was at.. along with a couple of others?? considering the distance and the membership fee.. this would seem a little out of place for this person to do..

I would certainly hope that they are not there to cause trouble in the club for me.. as this would certainly not put them in a good position where this poll is concerned.. And would most certainly prove collusion of MAAC members to harass clubs and people.. remove the thorn from their side so to speak.

While talking with the MAAC member , I just for the sake of seeing the response I would get.. But !!

I said .. Well maybe I should just run for ZD .. I could run in a couple of areas since I am a member at a couple of clubs..

The response I got was exactly what I expected..

Oh it is a lot of work and yada yada yada

Guess it is not really the sort of thing for me.. Hmmmm !!! really ??
Unbelievable Sparky!!!! Nothing like a little intimidation to try to shut you up. Next your MAAC membership will be in jeopardy. These guys are the classic adult bullies. BTW, I'm not Mike Block nor am I Joe Trinidad!

Hollywood
Hollywood Bob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:24 PM   #29
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Oh yea ,, I left out one other detail

This member all so refered to Rc Canada

As a Gossip Rag..
The Cat is Back !

JUST BECAUSE and
Old 09-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #30
lazyace
RCC Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 8

Well the poll has stood at what 44 participants for a couple of days. Not the numbers that will get a reaction from MAAC. You have to become proactive like Sharpy has suggested and introduce an appeal process to closing a club where there is none now.

All this talk on the forum is ok for raising awareness but I would like to know what is really being done in the background. If this forum is all there is well sad to say I think its pretty well doomed to failure. With the number of members and friends of the club who fly there it should result in a ground swell of letters, email, phone calls etc not to the ZD but to other members of the board and the executive. Each and everyone of them need to be made aware of the issue by as many members as you can muster. If your going to petition MAAC then make it a petition and get signatures on a paper and send it to MAAC. Are you guys busy or just talking about it.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Dennis
lazyace is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in