Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: jeff
Radio of choice:
Taranis plus FrSky Horusist
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 19
Petition for resignation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Petition for resignation of ZD Roy Rymer and Safety Officer David Cummings

In light of the information that has been coming out recently concerning the exit of the Bronte field from MAAC. It would appear that the above mentioned names have acted in bad faith on behalf of MAAC.

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/sho...d.php?t=582635

Conduct unbecoming
Breach of Trust
Failure of separation in a conflict of interest
Collusion
Abuse of Office
The Cat is Back !

The two stupidest answers in the world are !!

JUST BECAUSE and
THAT IS THE WAY WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT.
jsparky is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
floyd
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 15
Re: Petition for resignation

I've been following the link you included until I couldn't read any more of it.
I find it inappropriate to attack anyone in a public forum, knowing that we only read the one side of the story. Contact MAAC or get a new field and apply again for coverage, but bashing someone is not the way to do it. This attack on MAAC zone directors and who ever else runs it has happened twice on this site since I've been a member. I really find it inappropriate and it should all be deleted. I helped start the original Bronte club with a rake and a shovel, as did many of us. Cheers Floyd
floyd is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #3
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I've been following the link you included until I couldn't read any more of it.
I find it inappropriate to attack anyone in a public forum, knowing that we only read the one side of the story. Contact MAAC or get a new field and apply again for coverage, but bashing someone is not the way to do it. This attack on MAAC zone directors and who ever else runs it has happened twice on this site since I've been a member. I really find it inappropriate and it should all be deleted. I helped start the original Bronte club with a rake and a shovel, as did many of us. Cheers Floyd
I agree. There is a need for a forum for civil discourse and opinion. A debate based on facts is encouraged. But when it comes to personal attacks and character assassination, this is not the place.

For issues with your club exec or MAAC, its best for each side to gather supporters and vote where it counts, whether it is in person or where allowed, via proxy. Anything else is just fluff. My 2C.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #4
scochrane
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Stephen Cochrane
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX6i
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1

Other sites have admins who can close a thread. Does this one? I agree, this is not the way to fight closing the field, go through proper channels or send a registered letter to the MAAC president laying out your grievance.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 46

A Petition along the lines of how many RCC members would be in favor of MAAC sanctioning this this club would be far more helpful.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #6
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by scochrane View Post
Other sites have admins who can close a thread. Does this one? I agree, this is not the way to fight closing the field, go through proper channels or send a registered letter to the MAAC president laying out your grievance.
Of course admins can close a thread. The question is: When? At what point is someones right to free speech trumped by someone else's right to be offended?

These forums are for people to share their ideas and express their opinion. If done in a reasonable manner, there is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, or maybe even a grievance and airing it here on the forums.

Where personal attacks are made maliciously, we will either a) ask the person to edit their post or b) remove the offensive post. If a person still continues to make malicious personal attacks after being advised to tone it down or complain about the facts of the matter and not the person, then that person may be temporarily banned.

In any case, the admins have to balance the right to have a discussion that may be sensitive to some people versus the right to someone to demand a thread be closed because they don't agree with the subject. Do we bend the knee to anyone that insists a thread be closed because they demand it? For whatever reason solely based on their opinion? Maybe other's can provide their opinion on this question. In most cases, the thread in question runs down on its own after everyone involved has had a chance to express their opinion. If the discourse is expressed in a straight-forward and factual manner, there is no need to intervene. The thread will die off eventually. Again, my 2C. If you have a difference of opinion, please speak up and let us know if there is a better method or how you would do it so that it is fair to everyone that has something to say.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 17

Admins: I think you are doing a good job on this thread. I haven't seen any personal attacks just facts. More opinions on how this thread shouldn't exist.

MAAC directors have a option to weigh in if and explain policy and there decisions. Most other organizations allow it and encourage it. Just good communication.
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #8
lazyace
RCC Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien View Post
Admins: I think you are doing a good job on this thread. I haven't seen any personal attacks just facts. More opinions on how this thread shouldn't exist.

MAAC directors have a option to weigh in if and explain policy and there decisions. Most other organizations allow it and encourage it. Just good communication.
MAAC directors have not actively participated on this site since Jason sold it. It was also removed as a link from the MAAC web site. I don't think you will find the directors of any corporation openly discussing the business of their corporation on a public forum. There are also non disclosure clauses and such that prevent directors from discussing MAAC corporation business on these forums.

Dennis
lazyace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #9
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 36

My nickel. I feel this issue should be between the club, MAAC and people in question and “dirty laundry”not needed to be aired in public. If there are issues between any chairman or directors that should be resolved by the parties concerned .
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #10
CF105
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Kevin Drayson
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: n+1

Total Props: 17

Frankly I think this is a local matter. It belongs in a forum that caters to the zone affected, not here. Polling MAAC members in the affected zone is logical. The opinions of those outside the zone, or not members of MAAC, are irrelevant.
CF105 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in