Upcoming Zone E election - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:03 AM   #21
floyd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 87
Re: Upcoming Zone E election

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What started as something positive for a member to do didn't take long to get personnel and rather ugly. Can't everybody just focus on the positive that this thread is trying to accomplish? You either support Jeff or you don't. I don't know of too many people that would want the job as the pay is too high. We all have our opinions but this thread is more about supporting Jeff's running and wishing him the best in his endeavor. Cheers Floyd

Last edited by floyd; 06-15-2020 at 11:20 AM.
floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:29 AM   #22
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: A. Nonymous

Total Props: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
What started as something positive for a member to do didn't take long to get get personnel and rather ugly. Can't everybody just focus on the positive that this thread is trying to accomplish? You either support Jeff or you don't. I don't know of too many people that would want the job as the pay is too high. We all have our opinions but this thread is more about supporting Jeff's running and wishing him the best in his endeavor. Cheers Floyd
edited edited

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 07-30-2020 at 06:38 PM.
luv2flyrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #23
CarlC
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Carl C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18
# of RCs: Lot

Total Props: 18
Re: Zone E election

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurine View Post
You make sound like hard job nobody want do it.
Job very hard you only expert in canada for do it
how other zon dir get expert like you
1) It is a difficult job, the original angry thread as response to doing the job right being proof of that.
2) Am not an expert which is why I asked Jeff to respond to my queries.

I really don't know how to answer you question other than this as you missed the point of my post entirely

Cheers!
Carl

Carl C
MAAC#: 44232-L CM
CarlC is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #24
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

Re: Zone E election

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
1) It is a difficult job, the original angry thread as response to doing the job right being proof of that.

Carl
yes, that's for sure

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 07-30-2020 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #25
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,395

Quote:
What started as something positive for a member to do didn't take long to get get personnel and rather ugly. Can't everybody just focus on the positive that this thread is trying to accomplish? You either support Jeff or you don't. I don't know of too many people that would want the job as the pay is too high. We all have our opinions but this thread is more about supporting Jeff's running and wishing him the best in his endeavor. Cheers Floyd
.... the "cost" may be high.... but the pay sucks!
Sharpy01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:55 AM   #26
CarlC
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Quote:
100% Floyd.

I know the existing ZD's exemplary performance already, as well as all the flack and road blocks he faces trying to get the job done. I want to discover if we are at risk of losing something if there is a change in representation. jsparky provided some answers so I can be sure I have the info I know.

Good Grief. I dearly hope no one Votes for or against politicians without doing research. That is what I did here. I did my due diligence. Unfortunately for the existing ZD this forum is not available for them to use to promote themselves for a position in MAAC.

Cheers!

Carl C
Old 06-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #27
JoeT
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: JoeT
Radio of choice:
Tandemist (Ex Horusist)
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 65

Quote:
100% Floyd.

I know the existing ZD's exemplary performance already, as well as all the flack and road blocks he faces trying to get the job done. I want to discover if we are at risk of losing something if there is a change in representation. jsparky provided some answers so I can be sure I have the info I know.

Good Grief. I dearly hope no one Votes for or against politicians without doing research. That is what I did here. I did my due diligence. Unfortunately for the existing ZD this forum is not available for them to use to promote themselves for a position in MAAC.

Cheers!
Actually it is.. Last I checked it is 2020 soon to be 2021, Electronic communications is the way to go. During the Pandemic, platforms like Zoom, MS TEams, Google Meeting were the go to platform to conduct meetings.

In todays world, you have to explore other media, the young crowd things Facebook is old and have taken to Instagram, Snapchat, TicToc and other platforms to be used to "Influence" or communicate to the masses.

If we're to attract new people and to re-invigorate the hobby, what platform would you choose? (That was rhetorical, you don't need to answer)

The point being, if they wanted to state their platform, there is a MAAC section on this forum to educate the masses on what they stand for.

Transparency is key to growth.

Carl and others, your opinion is welcomed.
Skywing Edge 540 V3 Build: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcan...9580468180020/
Skywing NG Build: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcan...4310223707045/
JoeT is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:07 AM   #28
luv2flyrc
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
100% Floyd.

I know the existing ZD's exemplary performance already,

Cheers!
edit edit

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 07-30-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #29
CarlC
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
I'd be happy to share details of the existing ZD's "exemplary" performance anytime
Happy to over coffee some time. I'm done with these threads though since it seems to me that, some have the sympathetic ear of the mods more than others, resulting in lopsided steering and clipping of threads or influencing of same. Also too many folks looking for battles rather than exchange. Sorry if it seemed to anyone that's what I'm about. Not worth the effort to fight it frankly. Its all good though, small change in the big city.

PM me Mike, some time if you're in Niagara, I will do likewise if I'm going there we can talk.

Enjoy....

Carlc

Carl C
Old 06-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #30
floyd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
I don't think it's asking too much to discuss why a new ZD is needed is it?
I would agree, but this topic has been going on now for way too long on other threads specifically targeting the Zone Director in question and doesn't need to be mentioned anymore. We should move on to the next topic, which is support for Jeff wanting to run. The old threads complaining about the ZD is where people should be venting, not this thread. Jeff is asking for support, I'm sure he's seen enough discussion in the older threads. If not he just needs to go back and read them. Cheers Floyd

Last edited by floyd; 06-15-2020 at 02:44 PM.
floyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in