Close all flying facilities, urges Zone G (Ottawa Valley) director - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 03-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #71
DarthAnal
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Bru D
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1
Re: Close all flying facilities, urges Zone G (Ottawa Valley) director

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post
I am even wiping the mailbox and door handles down on our house - paranoid maybe but I dont know where the mail person has been or had contact with.
Hello, Andrew. I had to laugh when I saw this as I caught Dr. Phil talking with a reporter currently still stuck in the original epicenter of the virus (Wuhai, I think.)

Dr. Phil asked him what he did to keep his spirits up and not get bent out of shape. "Cleaned the lightbulbs" and then proceeded to explain that he was looking for anything to do while in isolation, and saw that he had dusty lightbulbs.

Sanitizing your doorknobs sounds good.

Just perused this thread and am going downstairs to work on my workshop and to start on some models when I get everything tidied. Will be brutal and the dustbin will get filled.

My employer sent everyone to work from home last week, and being in the house all day long is not fun.

Anyone thinking that they're going stir-crazy should read The Diary of Anne Frank. IIRC A dozen people in a hidden closet for 720 days. Another read is the Wiki pages on the Spanish Influenza Epidemic of 1918-1920 -- two years, two waves and death ranging from 10 million to 100 million worldwide and the real reason why WWI ended - no soldiers to fight and no munitions workers to make arms.

What we're facing is nothing compared to that.

BTW, not going to make plans for anything for the foreseeable future, even vacation plans for June.
DarthAnal is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #72
lazyace
RCC Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike46 View Post
I just got the gear train done on the steam tractor, kind of satisfying seeing everything move like it should.
Those were his exact words plus a big grin that just wouldn't stop. I want to see it run but we are keeping our distance. He sent his first video via messenger kind of sad but still shows it running.
lazyace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #73
lazyace
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
hitec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAnal View Post
BTW, not going to make plans for anything for the foreseeable future, even vacation plans for June.
The wife and I are lucky kids all grown up. I don't know how we would do if they were young. Our kids did not need constant entertaining they were still a handful just keeping up with them. LOL.

I will be working on getting the truck camper ready to roll and if things work out we can take off in the fall. I like the fall best anyhow cooler temps, no bugs etc.

Trying to get a head start on yard work and stuff that needs attention around the house.

I work for an auto company 7 days a week, they will have us back to work as soon as possible so I intend to make use of my time off.

Shoot smoke alarm chirping not sure if I have 9V batteries.

Dennis

Old 03-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #74
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAnal View Post
Hello, Andrew. I had to laugh when I saw this as I caught Dr. Phil talking with a reporter currently still stuck in the original epicenter of the virus (Wuhai, I think.)

Dr. Phil asked him what he did to keep his spirits up and not get bent out of shape. "Cleaned the lightbulbs" and then proceeded to explain that he was looking for anything to do while in isolation, and saw that he had dusty lightbulbs.

Sanitizing your doorknobs sounds good.

Just perused this thread and am going downstairs to work on my workshop and to start on some models when I get everything tidied. Will be brutal and the dustbin will get filled.

My employer sent everyone to work from home last week, and being in the house all day long is not fun.

Anyone thinking that they're going stir-crazy should read The Diary of Anne Frank. IIRC A dozen people in a hidden closet for 720 days. Another read is the Wiki pages on the Spanish Influenza Epidemic of 1918-1920 -- two years, two waves and death ranging from 10 million to 100 million worldwide and the real reason why WWI ended - no soldiers to fight and no munitions workers to make arms.

What we're facing is nothing compared to that.

Lol I did wipe down a few clear lamp shades yesterday. I vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the bathrooms, kitchen etc. I spend most of my time with my boys (5 1/2 and one week shy of 9). They play together well enough, but still need a referee at times and I’m usually “encouraging” them to clean up their toys. Its a full time job. I always did have respect for teachers but to have 20 to 30 kids my kid’s age in one group day after day, really is remarkable that they can do that and survive! Lol.

I do suffer from anxiety and I've been working hard to keep calm as possible. For me, just planning things day or two at a time, is much better than worrying what I will be doing in two or 3 months. But thats just me. I’m not a long term planner anyhow. My only real “long term” worry is if the provincial parks will open this summer or remain closed. We camp seasonally at one park near Timmins, and its our favourite thing to do. But again, right now its not the prime thing to worry or think about. Park usually opens May long weekend. But thats less than two months away... so who knows.

Tomorrow (my wife is again working) I think we will go to the workshop and build some wooden toys. Something I don’t often get a chance to do. We will have a bday party for Joe here in the house, he already said its just fine that it will be just his brother and mom and dad, and the dog. I explain things in detail to him - he knows why we are at home and why we dont go out.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:27 PM   #75
jtsmash
RCC Contributor

I am: Jason T.
Radio of choice:
DX9 /Tactic ttx650
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 5

I am having my doubts this is going to get better anytime soon until EVERYONE starts to take it seriously. (including gvt)
How many thousands of people are still going to work? deemed essential and all..
its complete bullshit. The pot stores are essential? a year ago they were not even legal yet?
Being able to go to Walmart and buy whatever you want? that's essential? Getting your car fixed / summer tires put on? that's essential? were not supposed to go anywhere? The kids are not at school but 75% of these kids parents are still going to work and coming in contact with over 20 people a day in a customer service setting.
Hardware store to buy a efing light bulb that's been burnt out since a drunk relative at xmas knocked the lamp over?
And were worried and upset that a couple people want to go to an open field (probably by themselves) and fly there model planes? your kidding..
Using words like "it hurts my heart" "I'm Disgusted"
"Darwin will take care of 'em"
But it is perfectly fine for these people to continue to go to work and risk getting sick and bringing it home for the all mighty dollar.
Obviously if i had a choice and could afford to be home, i'd be at home with my family as well.
I really don't think the local flying field with mabye one or two people there will be the ground zero sesspool that takes us all out...
If everyone wants to take it a bit more serious, then we should be shutting down and EVERYONE (who are really not essential) should be staying HOME like the other countries that have been dealing with this. The true ignorance, is us thinking we are better and more prepared than every other country that is going through this, and we just need to "self isolate" and it will go away in a month or so...
** The above is just my opinion, I am not bashing anyone, nor am I making this personal against anyone. Sorry if i offended anyone. Yes, we all have to do our part, including not flying our planes if it comes down to that. be safe everyone and take care of YOURSELVES.
IMAC 8158
jtsmash is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #76
excelsiuss
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Peter M
Radio of choice:
JR12X
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 5

The Goldilock zone. It hasn't even hit us yet!
https://youtu.be/B0yjbTckQTc
excelsiuss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #77
Daren71
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Daren M.
Radio of choice:
DX8

Total Props: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsmash View Post
I am having my doubts this is going to get better anytime soon until EVERYONE starts to take it seriously. (including gvt)
How many thousands of people are still going to work? deemed essential and all..
its complete bullshit. The pot stores are essential? a year ago they were not even legal yet?
Being able to go to Walmart and buy whatever you want? that's essential? Getting your car fixed / summer tires put on? that's essential? were not supposed to go anywhere? The kids are not at school but 75% of these kids parents are still going to work and coming in contact with over 20 people a day in a customer service setting.
Hardware store to buy a efing light bulb that's been burnt out since a drunk relative at xmas knocked the lamp over?
And were worried and upset that a couple people want to go to an open field (probably by themselves) and fly there model planes? your kidding..
Using words like "it hurts my heart" "I'm Disgusted"
"Darwin will take care of 'em"
But it is perfectly fine for these people to continue to go to work and risk getting sick and bringing it home for the all mighty dollar.
Obviously if i had a choice and could afford to be home, i'd be at home with my family as well.
I really don't think the local flying field with mabye one or two people there will be the ground zero sesspool that takes us all out...
If everyone wants to take it a bit more serious, then we should be shutting down and EVERYONE (who are really not essential) should be staying HOME like the other countries that have been dealing with this. The true ignorance, is us thinking we are better and more prepared than every other country that is going through this, and we just need to "self isolate" and it will go away in a month or so...
** The above is just my opinion, I am not bashing anyone, nor am I making this personal against anyone. Sorry if i offended anyone. Yes, we all have to do our part, including not flying our planes if it comes down to that. be safe everyone and take care of YOURSELVES.

You hit the nail on the head!!
Old 03-26-2020, 06:01 PM   #78
micadley
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: John C
Radio of choice:
JR XG14, Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 4

I sit here and read this thread and for the life of me I can not understand why people think they have the power to make new rules that affect other people as we go along. The Federal and Provincial governments are making rules for us to self isolate. Some people are following the rules and requests and others are not. I did not see anywhere where the Government has told me I must stay home and stay indoors and I can't go out. It was a request and not a demand. Until the Government invokes Marshall law we are still free to move about as we desire and have been asked to practice social distancing of 2 meters. I did not see where we are told we must stay home or risk being fined as long as we are healthy. People are still going to grocery stores and gas stations and convienience stores and going to work. Why do non governmental people feel they need to control the rights of other people when they have no authority to do so. This pandemic is bringing out the worst fear in people. If your scared, stay home but don't tell me I have to as well. The Government told me to practice social distancing and I can do that where ever I decide to and if it is a flying field there is even more room to be distant. There's my rant on this subject for what it's worth.

How high is too high?
When you ask yourself
Where did my plane go?

MAAC# 84894 / IMAC# 7441
micadley is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #79
Flyer777
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Andrew S.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 0

Last edited by Flyer777; 03-29-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Flyer777 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:19 PM   #80
lazyace
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
hitec

Go to the field or not go to the field its not going to effect me why should I worry about others who insist on pushing the boundaries just because they can. I do what I can do to protect my family if you choose to take chances who am I to say your wrong. There are enough others who will tell you and if it eventually comes down to it I'm certain there may be stiffer rules and penalties brought on by this behavior. In times like this there will be those lucky enough to get away with it. Then there are the Darwin Award winners and those that simply fall into the category of natural selection. To bad they might drag their innocent family members along for the ride.

All I can say is have at it boys I'll keep away until things settle down.

Dennis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in