Channel mixing or multiple channels to one servo - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 07-22-2020, 12:06 AM   #11
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 42
Re: Channel mixing or multiple channels to one servo

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Your mixing design goes back to the 70’s or even earlier when we were lucky to have 5 channel radios with trims only . LOL.....
There can be a bit of difference between “inhibit”and “off”. Inhibited means a function is totally off or non functional. “Off” usually means that a function has a switch assigned and the switch has turned off that function but can be turned on with a flick of the assigned switch.
I agree that Futaba’s manuals can be a bit tricky at first ,especially for those that are not radio programming savy.
Checked the manual and can see that the person that wrote it understands what he is saying but doesn’t do a very good job conveying that to the person trying to do the program. The manual has mixing explained ( poorly) on pages 60-61. The inhibit would have to be changed to either on or off and a switch assigned . Moving the switch will the turn the mix to the opposite function from off to on or vice versa.

Last edited by stegl; 07-22-2020 at 01:33 PM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #12
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 47

True. "Inhibit" means that function has been restricted, (totally prevented from working) regardless of switch positions, whereas "On" or "Off" shows if the function has been enabled or not based on switch, slider or stick position.

The 9CAP can be a bit confusing, especially when describing mixing functions, but I found JR even more so, FLAP selection on the same switch as FLIGHT MODE and difficult to set, as well as limited ability to assign switch positions. After trying both the touch screen 10X, (with a metal frame quite a well built Tx) to the 8103. Finally gave up and went back to Futaba. At least I had more experience with their programming setups, but even so, needed to go through the manual quite a bit.

What I found helped from my first programmable 6EX to now was to use a spare receiver and servos and just sit and play with setting up what I needed. That avoided any mechanical problems and possible damage associated with linked control surfaces.

One thing not mentioned is that the english Futaba manuals are word restricted, perhaps to save printing costs. With my 8UHPS Super I purchased the much more detailed supplementary manual, (cannot remember the name right off but it was the same person that wrote their standard manual) and it was much more useful in both basic and advanced programming and features. Without it would never have accessed a lot of what it could do.

One recommendation would be to get a CAMPAC memory module and add extra slots. Once you have your programming anywhere near complete copy that to another slot in the module so any screwups, (yes, they happen) will not require you to start all over again. Along with the legacy Futaba CAMPAC, I was able to grab one of the Hansen Hobbies aftermarket with more storage and allows getting at some transmitter features not generally accessible:

http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/txacc/

http://www.hansenhobbies.com/product...emenus_9c.html

Last edited by Cougar429; 07-22-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Cougar429 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #13
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 And still use my trusty SD-10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 42

Yes, agree with Gary’s approach on using a receiver and servo setup to do a possible setup scenario . A fella I know of did that when he got his first Jeti radio but copied the steps he did on paper for easier remembering as there was more than one way to get the same end result.
Another point to remember with today’s hi tec programming radios is ; when you get to a point when things seem all screwed up and you can’t get things to work the way you want, is to start all over from scratch . What can happen is you may have input some programming in error , so that prevents another program or setup from working properly.
Had a fella call me with that issue a year or so ago , so he came over to see if I could help . Told him to start over from scratch and he had his complete programming done in 5-10 minutes.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in