MAAC now closing club fields - Page 32 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:42 PM   #311
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: jeff
Radio of choice:
Taranis plus FrSky Horusist
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 23
Re: MAAC now closing club fields

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rick- View Post
MAAC should have and still should do as you say and bring in impartial ZD's.

Rick.. If this was possible.. and it could be...

But I would totally support your suggestion when it comes to a conflict between the ZD and a club..

Other wise.. the ZD should be able to sit down down with a club and work out a solution..
The Cat is Back !

The two stupidest answers in the world are !!

JUST BECAUSE and
THAT IS THE WAY WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT.
jsparky is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:05 AM   #312
lazyace
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsparky View Post
Rick.. If this was possible.. and it could be...

But I would totally support your suggestion when it comes to a conflict between the ZD and a club..

Other wise.. the ZD should be able to sit down down with a club and work out a solution..
Jeff I hope you're still going to run for ZD I still feel a change is needed in your zone.

I don't know if you have given much thought to how you would handle this as ZD but the safety chairman may be the same. You will certainly run afoul of him and past history makes me think he will fight you all the way on this. It still might be in everyones best interests to get a couple of impartial but experienced ZDs to help reevaluate the field.

In fact if the club goes down the road of mediation they might consider asking a couple of board or executive members to evaluate the field as part of the argument for their side.

Last edited by lazyace; 06-30-2020 at 03:47 PM.
lazyace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #313
-Rick-
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Rick K.
Radio of choice:
JR 9503, Frsky X12S Horus
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 4

Delete
MAAC #20880.
IMAC #7828

Last edited by -Rick-; 06-30-2020 at 04:24 PM.
-Rick- is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:44 PM   #314
luv2flyrc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx-18G2, Jeti DS-16 Carbon Red

Total Props: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyace View Post
I don't know if you have given much thought to how you would handle this as ZD but the insurance chairman may be the same. You will certainly run afoul of him and past history makes me think he will fight you all the way on this.
I think you are referring to the Safety Chairman , he's the one who sued the club and is hell bent on closing the field.

The insurance chairman was great...when the ZD shot hot air and informed the club and land owner that he had written his own exclusions to the policy and pulled the insurance...the insurance chairman confirmed that the policy stands as written. A very knowledgable guy.

Mike
Old 06-30-2020, 03:53 PM   #315
lazyace
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dennis P
Radio of choice:
hitec
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
I think you are referring to the Safety Chairman , he's the one who sued the club and is hell bent on closing the field.

The insurance chairman was great...when the ZD shot hot air and informed the club and land owner that he had written his own exclusions to the policy and pulled the insurance...the insurance chairman confirmed that the policy stands as written. A very knowledgable guy.

Mike
My mistake I apologize to the insurance chair too many things going on at one time. I did mean the saftey chairman thanks for pointing that out. I edited it.
lazyace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #316
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Jeff I hope you're still going to run for ZD I still feel a change is needed in your zone.
Bet your sweet BIPPY I am...

Quote:
In fact if the club goes down the road of mediation they might consider asking a couple of board or executive members to evaluate the field as part of the argument for their side.
Difficult for me to comment at this moment.. but if you read the last section of post #305 you will have your answer..

But suffice to say that at the last AZM , I offered to go and fly the field.. with spotters.. to give a fair evaluation..

It was rejected..
The Cat is Back !

JUST BECAUSE and
Old 06-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #317
jsparky
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:

How to vote.. log into your MAAC account and download the form you want to use single or multi.. multi if you are going to collect proxy votes on my behalf.

Then go to your account settings and check that you are registered in the proper zone.. Zone E

Fill out the form and scan or mail to me.. or preferably come to the AZM and vote your self...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	form.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	1679709   Click image for larger version

Name:	form1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	1679711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture zone e.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1679713  
The Cat is Back !

JUST BECAUSE and
Old 07-04-2020, 10:24 PM   #318
Zebble
RCC Noob

I am: WW
Radio of choice:
Anything running OpenTX
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
The terms of the insurance policy are very explicit....if you are a MAAC member and following MAAC safety guidelines with the permission of the land owner, then you have coverage.

This has been confirmed in writing by the insurance provider AON.
As the ZDís letter seems to be presented as the official position of MAAC and AON contradicts it, is the letter not fraud at a minimum and libellous? If this is truly MAACís official position and not just the ZDís misrepresentation then shouldnít the entire organization be on the hook? Iím baffled as to why MAAC isnít reacting to these events at the highest possible levels.
Zebble is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:40 AM   #319
JoeT
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: JoeT
Radio of choice:
Was a Futabaist, Now a Horusist (is that a word)?
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebble View Post
As the ZD’s letter seems to be presented as the official position of MAAC and AON contradicts it, is the letter not fraud at a minimum and libellous? If this is truly MAAC’s official position and not just the ZD’s misrepresentation then shouldn’t the entire organization be on the hook? I’m baffled as to why MAAC isn’t reacting to these events at the highest possible levels.
You bring up a good point, and it's precedence setting. If MAAC decides "Guidelines" become mandatory, then LOTS of clubs will be affected. MAAC will have to get involved in that case to clarify their position.

The way I see it, the actions of 2 people (Safety Chair / ZD) have put MAAC in a very precarious position of having to defend guidelines that turn into mandatory requirements. I can see many clubs in the region affected by this.

Sitting back now and watching, this should be an interesting arbitration process IF MAAC board decides to move forward.

Here's where it gets Libelous, MAAC Representative, overstepped their bounds by sending a letter to the Bronte Creek Park management. It's pretty clear on Paragraph 3 of the letter below that the agreement is between the club and Bronte.

You decide!!

Documents are pretty clear: https://secure.maac.ca/get_document.php?document_id=405

Quote:
A club, as an independent entity, may enter into various types of agreements with any person or organization controlling land for any purpose they choose, generally to fly model aircraft. Clubs should have permission, preferably through a land use agreement with the owner, that sets out the conditions of use, including times of use, exclusive or shared use, structures and other modifications to the land, control of access or not, insurance requirements, flying site sanctioning, access by non-club members,
and any other thing that the club or land owner require to ensure safe and reasonable use of the land. It is important to note that any agreement between a club and a land owner, is between them, and that MAAC as a corporation is a not party to the agreement. Any conflicts that arise in association with an agreement, with adjacent land owners, other site users or any other persons is the responsibility of the parties to the agreement.
JoeT is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in