Blade CFX180 Cyclic Servo jittery/stopping?? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 185
Blade CFX180 Cyclic Servo jittery/stopping??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Has anyone had any problems with the cyclic servo on the Blade180 CFX going jittery and/or quitting?

My servo had been acting erratically lately, jittering or stopping entirely (jittering in flight, stopping as of late- will not move at all now)

Its the servo that is nearest the Lipo. I suspect its the servo lead becoming frayed or pulling off the circuit board inside the servo.

There are several reasons I feel this is the case.

When this first started a month ago, I noticed the jitteriness in flight. It would pause for a micro second and then go on like normal. Sometimes it would sometimes freeze on initializing when a battery is connected. When I pressed on the battery, it came back to life. Strange.

When I lifted the battery, I noticed the servo lead passes right under the battery where it comes out of the servo, which by the way is simply a hole in the bottom of the servo. I suspect the battery is tight on the servo lead which puts pressure on the connection inside the servo because the lead passes right into the servo through the hole. I suspect there is no strain relief inside the servo as well(maybe?). When it first started I noticed the servo leads were all under tension from the servo to the RX. The battery pressing on it just made it worse. I cut all the servo cable straps and provided some slack in the cable where it goes into the servo so that the battery does not put any tension on it anymore.

The above adjustment seems to have worked fine for a few weeks, however this week it crapped out entirely and wont come back. I thought I would ask here if anyone has had a similar experience so I know what to look for before I yank the servo and tear it apart. Thanks.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
Arrmafan
RCC Noob

I am: Matt S
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0
Re: Blade CFX180 Cyclic Servo jittery/stopping??

Had something similar with one of my servos a while back. Messed around with the wires and it kept getting better for a bit then worse again. Eventually when I opened up the servo I noticed a frayed wire..that must have been touching something metal inside the servo case. Once I cleaned that up it was fine.

Hope you are able to figure it out.
Arrmafan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
wangsair
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

Upgrade the gears inside to metal. The original gears are fragile.
wangsair is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:21 PM   #4
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 185

Hey, I forgot about this thread.

It ended up dying. I ordered a new one and replaced it not long after the original post. It's all good now. I still have the old servo and have not opened it up yet, but from what I read here, it might be an easy fix.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in